By bureaucratic assfuckery - 04/01/2013 20:51 - United States - Baltimore

Today, I learned that my doctor lost all of my immunization records. I can't start law school without them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 789
You deserved it 1 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DKjazz 20

I wonder if you can sue him? I guess now you'll never know.

Comments

CharresBarkrey 15

When you are grandmother just died? Really?

You should have him order the blood work that tests what you are still immune to. From there, you will know what shots you need to get again, whether it be a booster, or because you are no longer immune. I guess it works differently in the states because in Canada, you keep a copy of your own immunization record on a yellow card (that works from birth to adulthood).

That happened to me in high school when I moved countries. My parents lost my records so I ended up having to retake all the shots. It wasn't so bad though, I got to get out of classes and I got a lot of lollipops. Then about a week after the last shot, my parents found my records. They laughed....I didn't.

Geez, man up and get blood results for antibodies. Easily fixed.

You do realize as a future lawyer of America... That you don't have to be vaccinated? It is against the law to require such things, why? Bc vaccines are considered a surgical procedure bc it breaks skin and enters directly into your bloodstream (which btw isn't how your body's immune system would normally handle a disease) and it's against the law to require a surgery of any kind to anyone!

to be a nurse you HAVE to have the immunizations for loads of things, including tetanus, diphtheria, polio, TB, hepatitis B so yeah you can be required to have them, it isn't against the law

wanderingshopper 13

Your high school should have a copy in your school file.

BlitheNightmare 7

Mine were lost when I changed doctors. All you have to do is get a blood test and they can see any vaccines that you had. Bada-bing bada-boom.

mariah3269 4

How could he/she possibly have deserved that?!

I needed proof of having shit loads of injections and had to be given three hep b injections to start nursing, if you can't prove you've had them they'll just do blood tests etc to check if you're immune or not