By bureaucratic assfuckery - 04/01/2013 20:51 - United States - Baltimore

Today, I learned that my doctor lost all of my immunization records. I can't start law school without them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 789
You deserved it 1 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DKjazz 20

I wonder if you can sue him? I guess now you'll never know.

Comments

perdix 29

The world needs fewer lawyers anyway.

I was wondering when someone would try to convince OP he didn't need those silly shots. Yes OP go and have unprotected sex. Eat french fries that have fallen on the floor at McDs, (five second rule) and don't wash your hands when using a public toilet. I am sure we can find a way to get you into law school without those pesky records.

Is there any possibility that you can make your own list of all the immunizations that you have acquired to the best of your knowledge and sign it?

luvlysc 2

Bull. Get titers done and move on

Ok first of all your state should have a state wide data base that all vaccinations for that state are entered by any healthcare professional in the state. Second, sue the doc for that? Really? They arnt the ONLY person who handles a patients chart. They are a variety of reasons as to why they could have been list or destroyed. Besides, if your going to higher education that means u went to elementary school, which you would have had to provide proof of vaccination. Do you can ask them for copy. Possible high school as well if u played sports. Not only that you are not going to have to prove your childhood worth of vaccines just a few that they expect you to have prior to admission and it won't hurt u to get them again.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

*You. Seriously. It's not that hard. You even used it a couple times. Why alternate between "you" and "u" between sentences??

Contact your previous school or high school and see if they have them on file. Also go to a (different) doctor and get a titer test, they will be able to use it to prove that you've had at least some of the vaccines. Also it really doesn't hurt to get something like the tdap again while you're at it. Still sucks though. Good luck getting it sorted and don't forget to get a flu shot too!

doctors... the money hungry, spineless backbones of the world...