By bureaucratic assfuckery - 04/01/2013 20:51 - United States - Baltimore

Today, I learned that my doctor lost all of my immunization records. I can't start law school without them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 789
You deserved it 1 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DKjazz 20

I wonder if you can sue him? I guess now you'll never know.

Comments

Sue him! there's a reason why u pay and that's for him to be responsible and to take care of ur health. simply Sue him!

Why don't you have a record of your own?? Aren't you a responsible adult?? Guess not.. Law may be better off without you.

You can have titers done. This is not a big deal.

can anyone say ' I'm going to sue?' They'll find those records right quick. I suggest finding a different doctor once everything gets straightened out.

KM96 24

Well he is very unorganized! Sorry for you OP - I hope that things work out ;) Good luck

I believe you have the wrong FML. Good try though.

You can get blood tests called Immunization Titers and then you can use the test results to prove immunity to specific diseases and illnesses, proving you've been previously vaccinated.

Just sign an affidavit. You don't need to be immunized to go to school. Roughly 37% of people in North America are not vaccinated.

I'm in my 40s and I wouldn't know where to find these records if I needed them. I've had a diptheria/pertussis/tetanus booster in the last year courtesy of my current GP, but anything from childhood, my parents, who are now both deceased, had those records and they're long lost. I know I had everything that was normal for kids born in the mid-60s, but I can't prove it. Polio, measles, mumps, rubella, DPT. Some of my childhood vaccinations were done by our family doc, who was pushing retirement even then and is certainly long deceased, and some were done via the school in my hometown which set up vaccination clinics sometimes.