Give me my drugs!

By Anonymous - 10/10/2020 14:02 - United States - Palm Bay

Today, my doctor's office called to reschedule. I hate sacrificing work time at all, but I have to have my contraceptive. The appointment had been set back once already due to insurance issues, and having to wait until November means I'm going to run out… so now I sound like a drug addict. FML
I agree, your life sucks 980
You deserved it 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Marcella1016 31

Call the doctor and/or pharmacy and they’ll usually give you enough to get by. Not even close to drug addict behavior. You need this for your body as either a contraceptive, or for heavy/irregular periods, or whatever you use it for. I also hate when docs make you go to appointments for refills. I feel like it’s a scam for them to get more insurance money. It’s annoying and yes often gets in the way of work.

finalyearsofhate 22

They should be able to call in a refill pretty easily to your pharmacy.

Comments

finalyearsofhate 22

They should be able to call in a refill pretty easily to your pharmacy.

don't feel like a drug addict. you're doing yourself a favor by going to this appointment

Marcella1016 31

Call the doctor and/or pharmacy and they’ll usually give you enough to get by. Not even close to drug addict behavior. You need this for your body as either a contraceptive, or for heavy/irregular periods, or whatever you use it for. I also hate when docs make you go to appointments for refills. I feel like it’s a scam for them to get more insurance money. It’s annoying and yes often gets in the way of work.

Agreed! It's such a waste of time going in for just a refill. It's not like my circumstances have changed. Due to the pandemic, my doctor says I can have my pharmacy fax in my prescription renewal.

Just stop ******* for a while and you'll be ok.

Contraceptives are used for more than just birth control; even then, you have no right to judge. Educate yourself and don't ever make such an ignorant comment again.

I know that contraceptives have other uses than birth control, duh. For example, condoms make great water balloons.

Nhayaa 21

Or just get an implant and you're good for 3 to 5 years ^^

Three to five months more like, or you could experience 9-months-long periods. Try IUD. Those things are designed to last.

xxlk4xx 6

I loovvveee my iud!!! I got it because I'm awful at remembering to take a pil ever since I had kids!

tounces7 27

Maybe an Urgent care could give you a month worth in the mean time?

Yummi_913 18

If you happen to have a gap in taking them just remember you need to take them a whole month before they become effective again. It might also be easier for you to set up a subscription plan. But heat usually makes them go bad and idk how hot they get in the delivery process.

What kind of contraceptive do you take that it's this hard to get? I can just call my pharmacy and have my pills ordered and boom, they're ready to be picked up.

No you sound like a woman who doesn't want to get pregnant.