By Liz - 09/04/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I had to watch my neighbor's daughter for 10 hours. She wouldn't eat anything I had to offer, so I ordered a pizza for $19 + a $5 tip = $24. Her father came by to pick her up, thanked me, and gave me a $20 bill. I effectively just paid to watch his kid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 958
You deserved it 19 177

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wtfdidido 0

$20 for 10 hours is stupid. Why were you even willing to do something without knowing how much you'll get out of it?

Comments

That's a lot of money for a pizza, but it's still not your fault. He should have covered the cost and def. not have given you 2 bucks an hour. Next time firmly establish your price per hour beforehand. For one kid you should be making at least 8.

the OP was probably just helping out the neighbor in his mind. hey, 4 bucks lost and a good ol' pizza is pretty sweet

catsizedgoldfish 0

YDI for three reasons... 1) You didn't agree to a fee ahead of time. 2) You got played by a little kid. 3) You somehow managed to spend $19 for a pizza and left a 31% tip. Sorry, but this is totally your fault.

If she didn't want to eat tell her she won't get dessert- Even if you had no dessert to offer. If that doesn't work just let her starve, she'll come whining to you when she's hungry enough and eat whatever the hell you give her. And yeah, $20 for TEN hours is a huge rip off, but then, so is a $19 pizza that was presumably only for yourself and the kid.

Never give into little kids. If they won't eat what you offer, they starve. That's just too bad. Eventually they'll get hungry enough and eat something.

you got paid $2 an hour...I am so sorry. And where are you getting a $20 pizza from?!?! Imported directly from Italy or something?!

kellster 2

They paid you $2/hour?????????? Um, march over there and explain that this really is not okay. Even if you're 12 years old, the very, very minimum would be $5/hour, which would have given you $50. Standard these days is usually $10/hour.

AHAHAH....sad but hey at least you helped a child in need.

He gave you $20 for watching his kid for 10 hours?! WTH what a tightwad! Don't ever babysit for him again!

pommeblossom 0

TWO DOLLARS PER HOUR! Terrible!