Social media was a mistake

By BahHumbug - 27/11/2022 22:00

Today, I was no longer being considered for the counselor position at a prestigious university because of a social media check. It wasn’t anything on my profile, it was comments I'd made on public posts, laced with profanity and insults towards other commenters. There goes my Christmas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 189
You deserved it 2 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well well well, if it isn’t the consequences of your own actions. I can’t imagine why watching you swear and shout at strangers would disqualify you for a job as a counselor. Truly a riddle for the ages.

It’s like I told my children - Everything you do and say has consequences. Those consequences might be the pain you heap on others or in your not being judged fit to be a counselor…

Comments

Well well well, if it isn’t the consequences of your own actions. I can’t imagine why watching you swear and shout at strangers would disqualify you for a job as a counselor. Truly a riddle for the ages.

It’s like I told my children - Everything you do and say has consequences. Those consequences might be the pain you heap on others or in your not being judged fit to be a counselor…

Good thing that many employers don't consider FML as social media. In any case, there are a lot of Richard Pencil's out there anyways, so I have plausible deniability.

Marcella1016 31

I was just wondering if I could be found on here. I’ve had a rant or two that would def not look good to a potential employer lol. Hopefully they look at the whole picture rather than taking things out of context. Everyone takes the time to get the whole picture these days, right? Hahahahaha

Hopefully, that's not your real name. I'll bet it's something like Marcella4597, or Marcella😂🍕🪕 Very clever subterfuge ;)

If you can’t be bothered to follow Wheaton’s Law, at least don’t use your real name.

Well at least you found out, I'm sure many people are doomed to lose jobs and never know why. Though it truly sucks that Facebook never forgets. I'm 100% confident there's stuff on Facebook I've said that I don't want on the resume,over the last 20 years.

That's pretty much the go-to for the Internet itself. I'm pretty sure my less-than-stellar fan-fiction is still on some old server somewhere, waiting for the day it can make its presence known...