By I-love-my-tea - 09/06/2015 22:30 - United Kingdom - Birmingham

Today, I had to show my ID to prove I was over 18. I was buying teaspoons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 109
You deserved it 2 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You won't be saying "FML" if you were to accidentally kill yourself with those spoons.

"Those spoons look mighty dangerous. I'm gonna need to see some ID"

Comments

Apparently that store seems to sell teaspoons for some other purpose.

praesidiem 16

Teaspoon SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS. No? Okay.

Gonna be measuring some weed with that spoon op?

I feel you OP. I will be carded well into adulthood, and despite everyone's complaints that I should be happy about it, it feels like a curse. Let's embrace the suck together. On the other hand, I have no idea why you are carded for buying teaspoons.

Why do you have to be 18 to buy tampons in the UK?

You don't there's no age limit for that

An, you guys really take tea seriously over there. Haha

Teaspoons as in measuring teaspoons?! Omg I can't wait to go to UK. that sucks OP!

You need an ID to buy tampons in the UK?! You don't even need your ID to buy pregnancy tests in America!

You don't need ID for either in the UK. Not usually anyway. Besides, where did you get tampons from? The FML is talking about teaspoons

They couldn't get away with requiring an id to buy tampons because girls can start their periods really young and it would be cruel to prevent them from buying something they absolutely need in order to avoid getting blood everywhere. Teaspoons on the other hand are non-essential but useful. It's arbitrary to require an id to buy them, but not cruel.

luvjkb 10

That's sad. When I was in the UK at 17, I was constantly offered alcohol without having to show my passport. I guess teaspoons are more of a responsibility than alcohol is.