By I-love-my-tea - 09/06/2015 22:30 - United Kingdom - Birmingham

Today, I had to show my ID to prove I was over 18. I was buying teaspoons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 109
You deserved it 2 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You won't be saying "FML" if you were to accidentally kill yourself with those spoons.

"Those spoons look mighty dangerous. I'm gonna need to see some ID"

Comments

Spoons can be super dangerous! A man was once killed, when another guy hit him in the back of the head with a dessert spoon.

You won't be saying "FML" if you were to accidentally kill yourself with those spoons.

You're right. They wouldn't be saying anything if they were to accidentally kill himself with those spoons.

Maybe the cashier thought you were cute and wanted your name :)

tchopper1969 16

I'm a cashier, and people often stalk me too... That's why I cut of my last name from my name tag :) I see what you mean

Or you know not could be a rational thing like op used a credit card and policy dictates they match up ID with card.

That isn't a worldwide policy, especially if the credit card has chips and pins.

I meant it as the company policy dictates you show it, not worldwide or country wide or state wide. As far as I know it's completely optional worldwide.

RpiesSPIES 27

I always check for I.D. if the credit card isn't signed. Could've been the case here.

This is exactly what i thought :p probably facebook'd her name or something afterwards.

"Those spoons look mighty dangerous. I'm gonna need to see some ID"

"Tea is typically burning hot, ****, can't trust a minor with tools to stir it!"

Steve_Dudley_UK 10

Maybe cashier had heard that only over 18's should be spooning in bed.

mikeman1744 18

cocaine measuring teaspoons I bet, that was very correct of the cashier

Did you also purchase a butane lighter?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

"Spooning" is serious business. It would've probably been advisable to also get condoms at the same time prevent unwanted pregnancy

I agree. Spooning is very serious. It's a gateway activity to forking.

But you should only do that with really "knife" girls

I'm almost 18 and look much younger. Some days I get my ID checked to get into rated R movies. Other days I get away with buying pool chemicals that you have to be 18 to buy without having to show ID. Teaspoons though? That's ridiculous.

A few days ago I got IDd buying an M rated video game. And I'm 21. I don't know how he thought I looked 16 or under. I think it just depends on the person who's there.