By I-love-my-tea - 09/06/2015 22:30 - United Kingdom - Birmingham

Today, I had to show my ID to prove I was over 18. I was buying teaspoons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 109
You deserved it 2 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You won't be saying "FML" if you were to accidentally kill yourself with those spoons.

"Those spoons look mighty dangerous. I'm gonna need to see some ID"

Comments

It's okay I look like a 6 year old too!

The cashier could've had a traumatic experience with a teaspoon. Something like: He/she was grabbing a teaspoon, but it fell towards the ground. In all haste the cashier tried to grab the spoon out of the air, but it failed and in stead he/she stepped on the tablespoon. The pain caused the cashier to jump up and fall down on her chihuahua, who is now crushed. All because of that wretched tablespoon.

They had to make sure you're old enough for heroin.

I totally thought that to myself. Lol I just created an account to tell you that. Hilarious. Wonder if he bought a "rig" too?

91hayek 31

Everyone knows of the famed Jack the Ripper, but there is a lesser now, yet just as deadly fiend, Thadeus the Spooner, who still to this day is stirring up trouble and remains at large.

I had to show i.d today too I was buying a vape. needless to say I couldn't.

your point? thats something that makes sense to be age regulated, not the same as the fml...

That sucks, my best friend Overdosed 6 months ago. Don't do drugs OP!

I got carded for trying to buy eggs once. I guess there had been several houses getting egged around the time and that was their way of preventing it from continuing.

Makes me wonder what the cashiers must be thinking.

Is it legal to card for something that is not a controlled substance?

Sometimes police send these things down and you just do it to stop the hassle. And no it is not illegal to ID for non-age restricted products.

NakuEh 27

Who knows..? You might try to commit the slowest murder with the most inefficient weapon.

Maybe the teller just wanted to know your age... OP has an admirer

For us, Americans drive on the wrong side