By I-love-my-tea - 09/06/2015 22:30 - United Kingdom - Birmingham

Today, I had to show my ID to prove I was over 18. I was buying teaspoons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 109
You deserved it 2 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You won't be saying "FML" if you were to accidentally kill yourself with those spoons.

"Those spoons look mighty dangerous. I'm gonna need to see some ID"

Comments

I work for a UK supermarket and the id warnings that pop up on the tills can be hysterical like plastic knives and forks and Jack Daniels bbq sauce come up with "is the customer clearly over 25"

I live in Birmingham too, and I can vouch for the dangers of teaspoons. One nearly took my eye out once.

91hayek 31

How are you Brummies using spoons? What are you doing with them?

Hey, teaspoons are a gateway man. Next thing you know you'll be buying table spoons until that spirals into a fork addiction. And if you don't get help quick enough, you could get a spork addiction. This man/woman may have saved your life. God bless

Were the teaspoons in a pack with other cutlery? In the UK, you need to be over 18 to buy a knife. Even if it is blunt like a plastic one, or a butter knife.

ThePandoricaOpen 18

Probably not, otherwise OP would have said.

if it was in a pack why would the fml specify just the spoons?

Fair enough. But, it could still be categorised incorrectly on the database alongside knives. By law, if the till prompts you for ID you have to do it. Even if it is something that doesn't have an age restriction, like alcohol free wine.

wfacsc 13

Perhaps the OP plans to murder someone, and doesn't want to publically announce a recent knife purchase? (hmm...I can't seem to spell publicaly correctly).

Not sure why my last comment got thumbed down... I work in a UK supermarket, what I said can and does happen.

Yes, damn those "Brtitains" -.- Remember class; when you insult someone, make sure you know what you're talking about so you don't look like a complete idiot. Even your own country is spelled wrong on your profile.

Airport security once confiscated my plastic spoon,those things are dangerous!

Wow. When I was a kid (about 10 years old or so), I used to buy beer and cigarettes for my parents and no one gave a damn. I guess that's the perk of living in a second world country :)) (and no, my parents weren't alcoholics or anything and I didn't have a screwed up/traumatizing childhood).

Well at least someone is checking you out ... If your legal