By skygardens - 21/08/2018 15:00

Today, I had just gotten home after being away for 8 months. My key didn’t work on my lock and while I was messing the door a man with a child opened. My landlord gave someone my apartment while I was away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 492
You deserved it 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you were still paying rent, this probably violates your tenant's agreement. Especially if s/he knew you were leaving. And what happened to your stuff? And where were you for eight months?

If you were paying rent, enjoy your lawsuit!

Comments

thatslifeiguess7 16

If you didn't pay rent your screwed. if you have proof of payment for rent get a lawyer

Mortoli 30

please come back to explain more lol

Update: Ok first wow! Didn’t expect anything from posting this craziness but ok. First off yes I was still paying rent. It turned out that it was a family friend of the landlord. He was leaving what I assume is an abusive spouse. All my belongs were as I left them and he had even stocked my fridge. I let them stay for a while (two months more) he was in the process of getting his own apartment in the same complex ready: they had to tear up carpet so what was supposed to be a day or two turned into my entire trip and two extra months. He has three kids and they were lively but sweet and never bothered me. Thanks to everyone who kept along for the update I’m sorry there’s no big lawsuit or evil villain landlord.

So you let a stranger and his kids stay with you after your return...?