By EdgardoP - 26/06/2012 15:08 - United States - Allentown

Today, I got a cramp while swimming. It took the lifeguard 5 minutes to stop flirting with a girl before trying to help me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 308
You deserved it 3 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The only thing i could thonk of when i read this was Patrick Star.

Comments

That sucks op. did you yell at him for help and he just ignored you or did he just act like he didn't notice your distress? That would have been super ****** up.

5 minutes. **5 MINUTES** SERIOUSLY??? So you managed to stay afloat flapping around in the water for 5 minutes yet couldn't make it to the edge? oooookkkaaaayy............

Maybe they were at the edge already but couldn't climb out because of the cramp. There could be any number of similar explanations for them managing to survive in the pool for five minutes despite the cramp.

GVirdi 11

I read your comment then your about me Looks like you're a stupid ****

Now there's a way to look good for the girl he's trying to get with... Let the poor defenseless cramping person drown. He is a winner.

We don't get in the water. Youre crazy if you expected him to get in

Either that was sarcasm or you're really a careless idiot.

akaulitz 3

if someone is struggling our job is to help them. We are lifeguards, we take steps to prevent people from ever needing our help. So getting someone out who's struggling probably prevents them drowning if we hadn't.

I see two problems with this story. 1) People unwilling to do the job their paid to do. 2) People unwilling to do something for themselves. You get a cramp while swimming, go to the side of the pool, work it out, and quit being a sissy about it.

I agree. Seriously OP if you were in trouble and in danger of drowning for 5 minutes, you'd be at the bottom of the pool and not here posting this.

GVirdi 11

Either way it's the life guards job to help them. If OP is stupid then all the more reason

Actually, if you get a cramp while swimming, you might not be able to move that part with a cramp and could drown

I was both a varsity swimmer and a lifeguard. Most cramps occur in the legs, and you can swim to the side of the pool with your arms. Secondly, a lifeguard's job is to maintain safety both inside and outside of the pool. Had the lifeguard jumped in to "save" OP from a cramp (a non-life threatening issue), he could've missed someone who was actually in distress. OP clearly had plenty of time to deal with the cramp.

McNerdyNerd 8

I'm so happy to see this! I was beginning to think everyone would just flop over and die if they had a cramp in a pool XD

georgia97 2

Although I agree with you, I see one problem in your comment, grammar.(: it's they're.

Why are there any YDI votes? I don't see how OP deserved it..

What does OP and YDI actually stand for?

Orangutan **** and Yearly ***** Income.

Bonzer 2

OP stands for Olive Pickles, YDI stands for York ***** Interface. You're welcome.

39- Mike, OP is the Original Poster. YDI- You Deserve It. Or go with Optimal Penetration, Yearly ***** Implantation, or any of the other helpful suggestions also listed. Your choice. ;)

It's clearly OPs fault for eating shortly beforehand and not waiting long enough like we've always been told!

Go complain, if he can't do his job, which INVOLVES SAVING LIVES, then he he shouldn't be a lifeguard period. He could of killed someone.

Obviously he shouldn't be a life guard if he can't put saving someone over flirting with a girl.