Feeling betrayed

By Dayanna - 19/03/2023 00:00

Today, my best friend refuses to attend my wedding, all because I’m marrying her ex. He left her for me but didn’t cheat. We just fell in love and he had the decency to leave the relationship before starting to date me. She refuses to understand that no matter how hard I try to explain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 295
You deserved it 4 453

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nikki 16

Out of the billions of people in the world you had to have your best friends partner and you think your life sucks because she’s upset about it?

lalalaila777 24

she obviously understands, and is still hurt by it. it seems you don't understand that you don't control how she feels or what parties she goes to.

Comments

Nikki 16

Out of the billions of people in the world you had to have your best friends partner and you think your life sucks because she’s upset about it?

I voted on both options. It does suck because you might lose your best friend but at the same time, you're not this stupidnto know why your best friend is upset. Marrying a best friends ex is conflict of interest. Wishing you the best marriage but not a smart idea

lalalaila777 24

she obviously understands, and is still hurt by it. it seems you don't understand that you don't control how she feels or what parties she goes to.

Don't waste your breath -- none of us believe you, either.

You still knew she was your best friend's boyfriend. You showed everyone your true priority - yourself over anyone else. I hope she severs all ties with you. Narcissistic bitch.

Seriously ? « He left her for me ». Meaning, you fell in love with each other while she was with him. YDI IF it had been a while since he had left her, and then you fell in love, it would be more understandable.

she was your best friend but you weren't hers. what an absolute shit "friend" you are. you stole her boyfriend, why would she ever want to speak to you again? that's an unforgivable betrayal

While your intent might have been all above board, this is a shock for your friend and they are not going to feel comfortable with the new situation for a long time, if ever… Shit happens, sometimes we lose friends. Go on with your new life.

Yeah... you don't have a best friend anymore and it's your own fault entirely.

You had a choice. Your best friend or her boyfriend. You chose to be with her boyfriend.