By EdgardoP - 26/06/2012 15:08 - United States - Allentown

Today, I got a cramp while swimming. It took the lifeguard 5 minutes to stop flirting with a girl before trying to help me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 308
You deserved it 3 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The only thing i could thonk of when i read this was Patrick Star.

Comments

Guitar360 4

I hope the lifeguard gets canned before he lets someone drown...

luna2495 0

I think he just earned the lifeguard of the year award!!!!!! Hooray for him!!!!!!(hint the sarcasm)

I really hope he gets fired. And for peope saying "it's only a cramp suck it up", getting a cramp while swimming is extremely painful and at many times prevents you from getting out fo the water, and yes in some cases can cause drowning.

That is terrible, Im so sorry that had to happen to you! I am about to become a cetrified lifeguard, and the most important parts of our job are to never become distracted while on patron-surveillance while on duty, and to of course always help a swimmer in distress, because thy could become unable to co tinue swimming and become an active drowning victim! It is just sick that someone that unprofessional actually has a job! I would totally report him!!!

hi_its_katie 2

when I swam competitively the whole team would get cramps, we swam through it. man up

koolkat27 13

That's great but I don't think OP is a competitive swimmer.

Seriously? As a lifeguard its obviously our job to save lives, but if you just have a cramp & can stay afloat for 5 minutes, you're fine. Stop complaining & learn how to swim to the edge.

doodz_fml 5

Thank you! It was driving me nuts that nobody had pointed that out

hateevryone 14

I've cramped up while swimming before...it really sucks, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need a lifeguard to get out of the pool.