By Tamps - 13/02/2009 09:46 - United Kingdom

Today, I gave my girlfriend a new TV as a 10th anniversary present. She gave me a torch on a keyring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 073
You deserved it 6 890

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maybe she's pissed you haven't proposed.

cradle6 13

^Yay for stupid elitist assholes.

Comments

To all of you asking why they're not married yet... Not everyone wants to get married! Perhaps the OP & his girlfriend are one of those couples that have agreed that they don't want to get married, & are more than happy living together. Seriously, these days a lot of people just live together, & don't worry about getting married. It's not an absolute 'must' in order to have a family, you know. Also, what's to stop his girlfriend from proposing? Seems to me that they're happy with the way things are.

I'm going to say this "10th anniversary" isn't their 10 year anniversary. Wouldn't you get someone something more meaningful (both sides) if you were dating 10 years? Screw marriage, if either one wanted it, they'd of asked for it by ten years and if not, who really gives a damn? If they have been together for ten years, it's obviously not going too well if the OP is writing to FML instead of talking with his girlfriend. Which leads me back to 10th anniversary probably doesn't refer to 10 years.

Aww, looks like someone has a few issues in their life. "If there is real love there could be no gift and it wouldn't be a problem. I doubt very many of you can even grasp that concept...the girls are fuming for sure." While I agree that gifts shouldn't have a big place in relationships, you cannot have a relationship on "love" alone. Keep in mind gifts aren't just material things. Also, if so many people are "missing" this concept, shouldn't the concept be changed? Or does this follow religion's view of "I'm right, you're wrong, end of discussion"?

she was probably pissed from being your girlfriend still after 10 years. instead of a tv maybe you should have proposed!

Ooh ooh ooh! I want one! Where'd she get it?

okay so you two have been together for ten years and she's still your GIRLFRIEND. no wonder she's mad. you're ******* stupid asshole

skullbashd 3

better than the other that end in death so that means eu 70 percent end in death that sucks

Let's start a stereotypical 'men are better than women debate'! You jackass, in most relationships it's the guy who cheats so shut your mouth and stop throwing women under the bus.

Obviously Sven doesn't know that a torch in this context is a flashlight.