This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Jessica - 19/10/2023 16:25 - United States

Today, I found out that two kids were able to, without much effort, convince my 16-year-old daughter that her friend's house was used to smuggle out Jews during WWII. His house was built in 2007. We also live in America. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 040
You deserved it 3 506

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aspen_Grace33 27

It's sad how people will believe anything.

saransh 3

You better teach you daughter some history. And to be honest you will probably need to teach her whole lot of other subjects also

Comments

Schools are perfect but u can't always blame the school. They do teach. However if the kids don't pay attn or learn then that's not the teachers fault. Most teachers do the best they can

So, let me take a wild guess... You didn't pay attention in English classes?

Ah god, my dad watches fox and says they're the only honest ones left. *facepalm*

Their is nothing wrong with fox news as long as you realize the push their own agenda as much as the liberal news and fox is the only one that will put conflicting views on

105- If crazy is a conflicting viewpoint, sure. These liberal media organizations you speak of care more about sensationalism than having some agenda pushed. They're still shit, but Fox news is a political propaganda machine. You'd have to be extremely gullible to believe they're actually interested in reporting the truth or care about things like facts.

The American education system at its best. We spend 5000 to 7000 on average per child per year and yet some still try to say we don't flush enough money on education. Home school your kids they will be smarter and not have all the liberal indoctrination forced on them.

FML_14u2c 14

Well, there's a sucker born every minute... I think OPs daughter represents her minute well.

Start by learning geography. America starts in Greenland and finishes in Tierra de Fuego in Argentina. No surprise why your daughter was easily convinced

thiscrazything 1

For all who say the education system in the US is not a problem, wake up. I stand by my first comment. If this 16 year old had a decent education, she would have known world history. The system has failed her, as it has countless others who are passed through the system, just to get them out. And yes, funding is a big problem, and the cause if so many failing and decaying high schools.

That's silly. Everyone here is calling OP's daughter stupid, and a lot of them are Americans. So how is it the school system's fault if 1 person doesn't know? Some people won't learn no matter how good education is. If other kids were trying to convince her about this, wouldn't they know some things about the holocaust? I mean, you don't want to try and trick someone into believing something that's true but you didn't know was true, that just makes you look stupid. So, not even her district is necessarily bad, let alone the entire american school system.

Call a spade a spade there is such thing as a bad teacher. Is she in sports? Athletes are often passed to keep them playing for the school. There are a lot of reasons for this to happen sadly.