By thechimpchapter - 31/12/2011 06:48 - United States

Today, I found out that the neighbor I'd given a bottle of wine to for Christmas is a recovering alcoholic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 472
You deserved it 7 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kypopz 9

The guy's like, "Eh, one sip wouldn't hurt".

Im a muslim too. I dont think its awkward. Youre awkward.

Comments

SamLiveFree_77 9

Has He drank it yet? Not to late to go and take it away, might be rude but Hey, at the end you'll feel better knowing that he/she's family can't blame you on making him/her an alcoholic...again.

KiddNYC1O 20

I'm sure the neighbor's sense of smell was that of a bear's. Even if package and sealed they will get to the prize.

necocoa 4

Haha not only is this funny, but 2012 people think ur life sucks right before 2012.

That sucks :( But you never knew that he was a recovering alcoholic.

YDI for giving someone wine for Christmas. I will never understand that concept. It's more of a gift saying you spent a bunch of money for someone to get plastered just to say you could afford it. Get them something they'd actually like...or something useful.

Some people can drink wine without getting pissed, it's called self control

cryssycakesx3 22

I agree. I don't drink (just because I don't like to) so a bottle of alcohol is useless you me. I'd rather have the 20 bucks.

You didn't know it was an inappropriate gift, and hopefully he'll just regift it to someone else and it'll make someone else happy. Hopefully he appreciates the thought and won't hold it against you. FWIW, bottles of booze used to be a pretty standard gift, even in office settings--20 years ago I had a boss who gave me a bottle of rather nice liqueur for Christmas. But with the growing number of people in the U.S. who don't drink for one reason or another, it's not really an appropriate gift unless you know the other person well enough to know that it's an appropriate gift and is going to be appreciated.

Nonsense, booze is always an appropriate gift

Ballin8864 4

Not your fault, you didn't know!

Great. Now he's going to be like Jack Torrence in the shinning!!! All your fault!!