By monsterinlaw - 21/01/2014 06:25 - United States - Columbus

Today, I found out that even after three years, my boyfriend's mother replies, "Unfortunately" when asked if we are still together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 573
You deserved it 4 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TyT63 12

unfortunately you have to deal with her

novapine 19

Sorry you have to deal with that.

Comments

SuckMeBeautifu1 24

Sounds like a bitch to me. Don't worry OP, my girlfriends stepdad is a total *******. Dont even ask about her real dad..

Never marry somone who's family doesn't respect you. Especially when forced to participate in gamily get-togethers. I would rather cut a finger off then have to go through that again. Good luck.

Coeliacchic93 21

but what if they love the person. it's not their fault the family doesn't respect the partner. why should they have to give up someone they really love for the sake of awkward family gatherings?

Yeah it sucks when family members don't accept you and are rude when you see them, but if you and your partner are truly in love you won't let that stop you from being together. The family is going to be a part of your life, but if you can see yourself with the other person then it's worth it to fight through those occasional family gatherings.

TcheQ 12

Sounds like she knows her Simpsons quotes!

buttcramp 21

sounds like you're being "the bigger person" here. I guess just keep it up and ignore this negatively!

looks like its time for her to move in with you guys .... under the patio perhaps?

Nicole819 11

there's no reason anyone should be like that whether its his mother or his friends. if y'all are happy who cares what anyone else thinks! do you OP (:

I highly doubt her opinion matters and if it does to you than it shouldn't you're not dating/******* her