By anonymas - 29/01/2010 15:29 - Norway

Today, I found out my dad bought an iPhone. I've spent the better part of the last six months teaching him how to check his email and online newspapers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 600
You deserved it 3 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think OP means it's going to take alot longer than six months to teach their dad how to use an iPhone.

I understand, OP spent 6 months teaching him to use his email and look at online newspapers (which is a pretty basic thing to do) so will now have to spend ages teaching him how to use his iPhone.

Comments

some_girl9 8

To the person who posted just before me: You are an idiot. No, he is not saying that he bought it today and spent 6 months showing him how to use it. He is saying that he spent 6 months showing his supposedly computer-illiterate dad how to check e-mail and online newspapers on any computer in general. Then at the end of 6 months, his dad suddenly bought an iPhone. And, OP, how is this even an FML? Get over yourself.

From fmylife FAQ "Fmylife.com is a weird and wonderful addition to the web. It’s a collection of everyday anecdotes and stories likely to happen to anyone and everyone, sent to us exclusively by our users, which we then publish on the site. This is a space where you can let it all out and unwind by sharing the little things that screw with your day, and maybe realize that you are not alone in experiencing day to day crap. Posts start with 'Today' and end with 'FML'. The site is meant to be fun to read and can be enjoyed on a daily basis." I'm curious to know what you expect from a FML? And please, I'm a woman... I can't believe I have to defend the post, jeez. I love my dad, and to "flutist": I don't need you to tell me how to treat him. Him getting an iPhone basically means another 3 months of daily calls about how stuff works. So you asking why I can't do him "a favor" just shows how dense you are.

Flutist 3

So! I am not dense. Yes that seems annoying but you can tell him to stop calling. You can block his number. If it is that annoying ma'am then stop doing it. Tell him you don't know. But I don't think this is the worst thing in the world. You are overreacting.

i want to headbutt a moving train after reading this post.

Erindub 0

I bet you dad never whined when he was teaching you how to eat or tie your shoes or to ride a ****** bike. Get over yourself. You'll find as you get older your mom

Erindub 0

and dad will actually need yoyr help too you little ********. **** I must be in a bad mood today

I understand where your coming from OP, I have to help my dad all the time, I don't mind answering questions and stuff but it does get tiring after awhile. The worst part is if I can't fix it he makes me call my boyfriend who majors in computer science.

Today you found out you spent 6 months teaching your dad how to use his iPhone?

The iPhone is fairly simple. Apple are know for their simplicity. I don't see how this largely affects your life though.

I think you have the wrong tense of the word send in the second sentence... you sure you can help him? And yes, the iPhone is USER friendly. This would be an iPhone in my hand... OMG! Too easy.

YDI for not stopping him from buying the worst phone ever created.