By NotABeatenWoman - 09/11/2015 00:36 - United States - Charleston

Today, I found out everyone in my neighborhood thinks that I'm a beaten woman due to the reoccurring ambulances in front of my house at night. My kid just chokes on everything, and they don't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 196
You deserved it 2 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Xobubblyxo 23

It sucks that your neighbors are so quick to judge, but maybe if you explain the situation to them and take more care in putting harmful objects out of your child's reach, things will be better.

Comments

I would be worried too if there was always ambulances coming to my neighbors door...

Why is your kid always choking on stuff?

well they probably don't believe you as you should be learning how to help a choking child. sweep mouth of debris. sharp thrusts to back. if child chokes every night then the child needs to see a doc and maybe a hospital stay. there are people who need an ambulance to save their lives. if your child isn't able to eat then you need to be in hospital or have an attending nurse at home

Sounds to me like you should keep a closer eye on your child op. If it's an older child then he should really know better & have a serious talk about putting small things in his mouth.

why is your kid choking on everything? nobody watching him or her close enough? medical condition? this is the more serious issue.

If you're referring to choking on food, I know how you feel. My second used to choke on eeeeverything, no matter how small I cut it!! Starting when I introduced solids with BABY FOOD which I had to delay. It scared the CRAP out of me every time. And at almost 4, I still check on him regularly to make sure he's breathing if he eats something without me there (which is probably a little overboard since he doesn't choke anymore, but what can I say, I'm a mom). He has a very small throat and will probably have the same problem I do when he's older - I have a really hard time swallowing pills. I used to always gag and sometimes throw up, but I've got a system now with my vitamins.

You kid "just chokes on everything"? Doesn't sound so good on your part

Trust me I know the feeling of ambulances coming to ur house alot my brother when he was little he would stick things in his nose and ears and on top of that I have a grandma who falls down alot

They should at least give you a chance to explain. Those are one of the difficult situations of life. It's hard to tell if someone is being abused, and if you try to help and they're not being abused, then it's just awkward and can do more harm than good.