By NotABeatenWoman - 09/11/2015 00:36 - United States - Charleston

Today, I found out everyone in my neighborhood thinks that I'm a beaten woman due to the reoccurring ambulances in front of my house at night. My kid just chokes on everything, and they don't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 196
You deserved it 2 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Xobubblyxo 23

It sucks that your neighbors are so quick to judge, but maybe if you explain the situation to them and take more care in putting harmful objects out of your child's reach, things will be better.

Comments

josiemorehouse 12

OP maybe you should learn the Heimlich maneuver and CPR so you don't have to keep calling the ambulance?

Aren't ambulance rides really expensive?? If you were to learn abdominal thrusts yourself, you could dislodge whatever your kid is choking on, and then bring them to a doctor. And if it's a constant issue, maybe it's an issue that needs to be addressed by changing the way things are done. It's really not normal for a child to be choking on things so often.

People shouldn't jump to conclusions. Screw them. You shouldn't worry about what people like that think of you.

Jeez multiple ambulances because your kid is choking over and over??? Maybe pay more attention to your kid and keep choking hazards away from him.

You need to teach your kid to swallow. Wait...

If your child is choking on non-food items, you need to do a better job childproofing your home. If it is when he is eating, there may be a physiological issue that needs to be addressed. I suggest a good ENT specialist to properly diagnose. As far as the neighbors go, tell them to mind their own damn business.

UhHuhHoney 20

**** what people have to say. You & your family know what's really going on and nobody else deserves an explanation. At the end of the day, people are always going to judge. If you were to explain to them what is really happening they will then judge your parenting skills. It's a never ending cycle.

usnwife 18

So is this FML about what people think of you instead of your child choking all time? The way it is worded came across very wrong to me... Who cares what they think? And how old is your child? Are you not paying attention, does he have a medical condition that makes it hard to eat, or is it a teenager that is just insanely stupid? Either way I think my kid would be way more important than others opinions, and I wouldnt be saying an ambulance was "my kid just chokes on everything" Sorry OP, not saying you deserve it but you dont have my sympathy.

Dont let what other people think effect you...

mds9986 24

Yeah OP shouldn't get choked up on it.

Wow, I think your kid needs some assistance. Depending on what the items being choked on are. If food, kids needs to chew. If not, time to start monitoring him/her :S

YDI for feeding your child whole cows at a time, or just not moderating how he eats.