By KHAAAAA-RMA!! - 10/05/2014 21:32 - United States

Today, I found a bird that had fallen from its nest, so I made a new nest for it in a shoebox and put it as close to the old one as possible. When I checked back on it later, all I found was a chewed-up corpse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 839
You deserved it 6 188

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You basically served it up on a platter.

Nature has a weird way of governing the world.

Comments

ztress 10

Did u not put a lid on it???? Idiot

well, I guess you just got a baby bird killed with your inability to mind your own business. I'm guessing you didn't know that the mother would devour the baby if it had your scent on it?

rocker_chick23 27

I guess you're too stupid to read the other comments. You would have learned that the mother won't reject the baby if a human touches it. That is an old wives tale that was made up to keep children from touching baby animals that might carry germs and diseases.

I guess your too stupid to realize that just because someone said it's true, doesn't make it true. lighten up and quit being a member of the herd.

and btw, it's true. I've witnessed it with my own eyes. they WILL kill their own offspring if humans touch it.

rocker_chick23 27

http://m.livescience.com/33620-baby-bird-touch-mother-abandon.html Read it, dumbass. I also dare you to research it yourself. I have rescued house wrens and put them back, parents never killed them.

Why is it that something morbid is always happening to birds?

When a mama bird smells people on its baby it kills it you killed the bird by touching it

Geez, read the other comments before spouting something that is completely untrue!

rocker_chick23 27

Here you go, dumbass. Learn something. http://m.livescience.com/33620-baby-bird-touch-mother-abandon.html

rocker_chick23 27

This is for all the idiots who still believe a mother bird will kill or abandon a chick if a human touches it. http://m.livescience.com/33620-baby-bird-touch-mother-abandon.html

Chances are it hadn't fallen but got pushed out by its siblings, as the weakest in the nest, and wasn't likely to live anyway.

Something similar happened to me last week. I noticed some house finches that decided to make a nest in the wreath on my front door. They built the nest on an awkward bouquet of plastic flowers (instead of within the hole of the wreath, where birds in the past have usually nested), and I was worried the nest was going to fall at some point. Sure enough, the nest eventually collapsed into a pile of pine needles on the porch, and the three babies fell out. Had the nest been intact, I would've replaced them, but I did some research on how to replace a fallen nest and ended up making a nest out of an old purse and a feather boa. They were fine when I checked on them the next morning, but, once I returned from work, I found the nest empty, along with a pile of feathers and a few splotches of blood on the porch. Based on the evidence, at least one of them died, but I have yet to see the other two anywhere in the front yard or chirping from the nearby trees. Luckily, the same couple has decided to build another nest in the hanging ferns I put up just two days ago. Even if this particular clutch failed, don't weep for the parents; chances are, they're going to be nesting a few more times, anyway. Many bird species nest more than once in a given season, so they'll be fine.

When a baby bird has the smell of humans on it the parents will reject it. Should have take it to the animal shelter; they have experts and volunteers who will nurse the baby. My aunt is one of those people. Unfortunately my uncle contracted an extremely rare lung disease from her birds and will be dead soon. Just don't **** with wild animals.

IT'S THE CIRCLE.. THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

After touching the bird you leave your sent on it so the mother will no longer care for it, you meant to do a good thing but you basically killed the bird op...it was sweet you tried to help though, the circle of life can be brutal.