By Anonymous - 20/06/2013 16:54 - Pakistan - Lahore

Today, I discovered the source of the vile stench in my room. My daughter had "saved" a bird from our cat and put it in a box under my bed, hoping to nurse it back to health. She forgot about it, leaving the corpse rotting in there for who knows how long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 723
You deserved it 3 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

R.I.P to all forgotten birds left to rot underneath beds

I just hope the bird was already dead when your daughter "saved it" from the cat so it didn't have to die slowly and painfully under the bed!

Comments

R.I.P to all forgotten birds left to rot underneath beds

IworkAt711 14

It actually happened to me once when I came home from a dove hunting trip and somehow left one of the birds in my bag. Didnt find it until the next hunting season.

Ew, that's gross. You better get some Febreeze.

kxxjoejoexxk 8

And a metal barrel full of acid, oh wrong kind of carcass...

I just hope the bird was already dead when your daughter "saved it" from the cat so it didn't have to die slowly and painfully under the bed!

Unfortunately, chances of redovery were slim.

Well were there any signs of fowl play?

asnakelovinbabe 16

Well, this is hawkward. But more than toucan play at this game. Things always manage to take a tern for the worse when trying to do a good deed. I hate it wren that happens..

Despite the very tweet thought, she should've got off twitter to save the tweeter! Wrong age? Okay, okay..

flockz 19

the daughter should have let her mom pigeon some advice instead storking the bird underneath the bed. this idea was never going to take flight and ended up robin the bird of its life.

Tell her next time she wants to help an animal to come to you and then you both can nurse it together.

Tell her to beak more careful next time. It was nice what she tried to do but it turned pretty fowl. It is not really emusing of what happened to the bird. It was a good act but it turned into an unpheasant situation.

Bobskittens1 12

A little bit of an overkill there but it's the thought that counts!

jramirez16 9

I'm sure the bird wouldn't think 'it's the thought that counts'... Poor thing that must have been a very painful and slow death "/

KVKdragon 26

As much as I commend her for saving the bird, the least she could've done is told you about so it can be taken to an animal clinic. I highly doubt she's qualified and certified to take care of animals

I think that's pretty obvious, judging by how she forgot all about the bird she rescued.

It sounds like she's pretty young. Usually, little kids don't think like that. Also, she probably knew her parents would say no to taking it to an animal hospital, so she took matters into her own hands. Too bad she forgot to actually take care of it ... but I guess you can't have everything.