Make up your mind

By WhatKindOfZoneIsThis - 05/02/2022 22:00 - United States - Staten Island

Today, my crush told me that she has zero desire to pursue a romantic relationship with me, and has only ever seen me as a friend. That would've been fine if we hadn't been seeing each other for almost a year, and passionately made out a couple of nights ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 133
You deserved it 179

Same thing different taste

Top comments

randybryant799 20

Seeing each other for a year and you just recently made out? That's your first clue.

diraven 15

Move on, there are a zillion other people out there. Get one of those stupid phone apps with the swipes or something.

Comments

diraven 15

Move on, there are a zillion other people out there. Get one of those stupid phone apps with the swipes or something.

Friends with benefits? Not technically romantic, but it's close enough for government work.

Soooo was she your crush or your girlfriend? You've been seeing each other for a year. That's a relationship, even if it's not a serious or monogamous one. What kind of zone is this indeed.

randybryant799 20

Seeing each other for a year and you just recently made out? That's your first clue.

rotflqtms_ 21

A year of just hanging out 1 drunken makeout session does not equal seeing each other.

Also, having had female friends in a non-romantic context, yes it’s possible for them to confuse their feelings and then realize they’re not actually interested when it gets serious. I was hanging out with one of those friends and she ran into a guy she knew, introduced me, a bit awkwardly, then when we left, she explained that she get bad because she had hurt him. He had asked her out, they started dating for a time and she realized that she wasn’t that into him, and eventually had to break it off, even though she felt bad about it. Long story short: even if you were “together” in a non-serious way, it doesn’t mean that she couldn’t realize that the depth of emotions and chemistry just wasn’t there. Hell, some people figure that out after 10 years and several kids.