By angelisa - 21/11/2015 14:54 - United States - Yuba City

Spicy
Today, I finally felt ready to lose my virginity with my boyfriend. Unfortunately he was too embarrassed to go and buy some condoms, and suggested in all seriousness that we use a sandwich bag instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 701
You deserved it 3 922

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he's too embarrassed to buy condoms, he's definitely not ready for sex.

Sorry Op but if either of you are too embarrassed to buy condoms then you are not ready for sex.

Comments

leogachi 15

@11 If they're going to be using condoms then they should take turns buying them, but if either of them is too embarrassed to buy them then they shouldn't be having sex.

I concur, but way too often, the girl demands the boy bring the protection. Young females need to learn that they need to be responsible for their own protection too. It's not fair to the guy to always be expected to provide.

Well most girls make sure to get themselves on the pill or something similar. I think it's ok for a guy to step up and get the damn condoms. Protection works both ways.

The girl is the one who is at bigger risk of getting their lives de-railed if they become pregnant, bringing condoms is a man's way of acknowledging the part they have to play in ensuring that doesn't happen. The girl will have enough responsibility if the condom breaks and they have to get the morning after pill anyway.

Girls already have a shit ton of girl specific costs that often are embarrassing to buy. There's birth control, tampons, pads, and, if something goes wrong, the morning after pill. And if something goes really wrong, pregnancy and child costs that a guy can much more easily walk away from or an abortion. Plus, the condom is going on his penis, he should be the one buying and figuring out what type is most comfortable for him. While I do keep a box just in case, it really is not much to ask them to put out $7 for the thing going on his dick.

I am a girl, and I have never understood why buying feminine hygiene products is embarrassing. It would be far more embarrassing to not have said feminine hygiene products, and walk around with a giant red stain on your pants. As for birth control, it is used for more than just preventing pregnancy. Some girls use birth control simply to help regulate their cycle so it is more predictable, or help with hormonal issues. Some girls don't use it at all because it messes with their hormones and causes negative effects. As a girl, if I want to have sex that will not lead to unwanted pregnancy, or std's, I will make sure I am covered. I would not want to need to rely on the guy. I actually bought condoms yesterday, and you know what the cashier said to me? "Did you find everything okay? How would you like to pay". No judgement, no immature giggles. Condoms, pregnancy tests, lube, tampons, midol, etc. etc., are all a part of every persons life and the cashier doesn't give two ***** that you are buying these items. Guess what, they buy them too. I think you're more likely to be judged on buying smokes, booze, and junk food. But I digress. If a woman wants to have sex, she shouldn't need to rely on the man to provide the condom. I'm not saying that he shouldn't need to buy them too, but a woman shouldn't get mad at a man because he doesn't have one, if she doesn't either. Down vote all you want, it's just my opinion.

I personally don't find them embarrassing to buy, but they're still private business that you don't necessarily want to announce to the world, and some people do feel embarrassed. All I'm saying is it's ridiculous for a guy to expect women to buy all these equal level of awkwardness items, and then not want to get the condoms because he thinks it's too awkward. And again, it goes on his dick. He'll probably know what fits him better than the woman. So rather than risk something that slides off or it too tight, or doesn't feel nice, he should just buy it himself. The exception being if it's a hookup and the woman has a latex allergy, in which case it makes sense to keep something accommodating this specific need rather than hoping the guy goes out of his way to keep the right type.

TCRII 29

Ok. You need to both get over your embarassment about condoms and learn about birth control. Lesson number 1. If he suggests a baggie again, punch him in the nuts.

What's his next suggestion...a rubber glove?!?

They'll probably just need to use the pinky part. xD

Blueocean7 19

Get it at any stores that have self-serve checkout lanes. Problem solved!

So I'm guessing he won't be too embarrassed to buy diapers. Seriously if he is old enough to have sex he should be well enough informed to know what a dumb idea that is.

do not take the risk. if you both are too embarrassed to purchase proper protection then you're too young to have sex. condoms are only 88% effective so you should also look into the pill.

leogachi 15

@19 They're 97% effective if you know how to use them. The pill is barely safer at 99%.

I'll take a wild guess that someone who thinks a plastic baggie will work probably doesn't know how to use one. just a guess though.

Wtf you talking about Willis? I know how to use a sandwich bag

Yep, nothing more embarrassing than making a purchase that implies you're going to have sex. It's a guy thing, OP; we feel really ashamed of our sexual exploits and like to maintain an air of purity when out in public. Wait, what?