By fuckmylifeLulu - 09/04/2011 16:07 - United States

Today, I filed my taxes. As a divorcée with children, I was supposed to get $3,500 back from the IRS. Alas, my ex's new wife already filed with my children, who don't live with her. I now owe the IRS $250. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 988
You deserved it 4 083

Same thing different taste

Comments

perdix 29

No wonder your husband dumped you -- you are a spineless wuss! File your return with your kids as your dependents, and when the IRS comes to audit, rat out your ex's new wife. Be a man, Arthur Pewtey!

that first part wasn't nice.. who's to say who dumped who?

nobody cares. instead of crying about it on a website she should be making phone calls/writing letters and all around raising hell.

Because spending a few minutes on FML means OP didn't do anything else about the situation.

if u can prove they live w/u full time, the irs will take it back from her & give it to u. happened 2 a friend of mine.

if u can prove they live w/u full time, the irs will take it back from her & give it to u. happened 2 a friend of mine.

choirnerd9 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yeah, she's a complete arse for complaining about stealing from her, maybe instead of using the money she was owed she can buy the kids food with happiness and good intentions?

janet_r01 0

#30 are you an idiot? She doesn't "only" care about money, its expensive taking care of children. How would you feel if you were suddenly out of $3750? For the people who don't know how to count, $3500 that she is no longer getting plus $250 that she now owes is $3750.

Lynzwood 0
Lynzwood 0

why the he'll should the other wife wait? she should file her shit honest and keep other peoples kids off her shit. my ex's bitch ever tries that shit I'll kick her ****** teeth I'n and take my kids money back!!!

how is she an asshole? kids are ******* expensive and money makes the world go 'round. and her wanting what the government rightly owes her doesn't make her an asshole on any count.

Your right 30. And 91, suuuure you would. Please hush when grown folks are talking honey.

lilcc86 0
bubblybrooke 12

Well aren't you condescending? You don't know her, so don't tell her to shut up. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

Cathos 3

that is illegal!! report her!!!!

happens all the time, put it in motion to go to court, her lawyer will suggest she settles and pays lawyer fees before it goes to far.

your an idiot call the IRS and tell them!

GrandpaSmith 4

Read your divorce papers. If it allows you to take the deductions, amend your tax return to take the deductions. Then report her to the IRS for fraud, anonymously if you like. If your divorce papers give your ex the deductions, you are unfortunately out of luck. If the divorce papers don't say anything about this, see your lawyer immediately and question why he/she failed to address something so basic in your divorce proceedings. I wish you well--in a very painful part of your life.

lmaoatall 6

listen to this man op. I went through the exact same thing. its all true. that decree will get you.

aminel 0

yeah there could be an agreement that ex's gonna pay child support (which could be 1500 per month, depending on income) and then ex will claim them every tax year. side note: have any of you seen an op answer a question?