By hallofail - 01/11/2012 00:40 - United States - Birmingham

Today, I dressed up like a pirate, dressed my dog as a parrot and bought $30 worth of candy to pass out to trick-or-treaters. I waited by the door for 3 hours. Not one kid came. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 653
You deserved it 2 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well that sucks. At least you can eat the candy. My house got wiped out of all the candy by all the trick r treaters. Maybe next year.

Comments

Why was it necessary to wait by the door? Go watch a movie or something, and pause it if and when anybody knocks...

I dressed as a cat and dressed my kitten in a karate outfit. I also had our stray cay in costume and wad planning on asking everyone if it was theirs when they came to the door. Not one person came. I kind of don't blame them because it was cold and drizzly, but still.

sorry op, seems like you really enjoy halloween and didn't get to celebrate it properly .. we're in the same boat .. i love the holiday .. halloween in nyc is cancelled because of hurricane sandy and i have to work on the day the rescheduled it

SeedlessMe 13

Aww that sucks! Yeah I'm out on LI, stranded with my dog at mom's house, cause my whole town still has no power :( We still dressed up too, even though there was nowhere to go...

Lucky you. I'm glad I'm not American. First kid that rings my doorbell for snacks is taking a swim in the canal.

alymolina 13

A lot of people didn't got trick or treating around my area because it was a lot colder this year than usual.

ellytoad 13

We got maybe 15 doorbell rings tops, and still have a big bowlful of candy left. Some of the kids were barely in costumes and didn't say "trick or treat" like we used to get from all of them. It was the emptiest Halloween night we've had so far, and there's not even an obvious excuse.

I find it funny when you run out of candy, kids keep coming.... Then when you actually do have candy kids don't even come. I still have 12 lbs of candy left hahhaha :P

At least you have $30 worth of candy to enjoy.