Halloween, the long wait

By androidjezus - 03/11/2019 18:30

Today, I asked my girlfriend to get a bunch of candy for our first Halloween at our new house, so she got $60 worth. We got into an argument about who was going to give it out. It’s now 9 p.m. No one came to our door all night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 775
You deserved it 465

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should have asked your neighbors about how many trick or treaters to expect. Are you sure your porch light was on?

So? More candy for you! Did you remember to turn on your porch light? You wouldn't believe how often people forget to do that.

Comments

Should have asked your neighbors about how many trick or treaters to expect. Are you sure your porch light was on?

Depending on where they live, having the porch light on might not mean they have candy. Also their town might have a designated date and time for trick or treating. Where I live trick or trick or treating was scheduled for Halloween but it’s usually the last Thursday in October from 3pm to 7pm But because of bad weather it has been moved to 11/4.

You can't do anything for yourself? So you argue with her when it goes bad.

Sady_Ct 37

You need to re-read this FML. They were arguing over who got to hand out the candy. The only thing that went wrong was the fact no one showed up.

"Who is going to pass out candy" not who got to. Nothing in that reads like he wanted to hand out candy. Honestly if the house wasn't decorated it makes sense to skip the house. If there's a neighborhood full of decorated houses and one not decorated people generally take that as a sign they aren't handing any out.

TomeDr 24

I hear you. I love to pass out candy but, ever though I live right in town, I live on the opposite side of the street from a large neighborhood. Houses there get hundreds of kids and I get maybe a half dozen. It’s pretty sad.

You couldn’t have agreed to take turns passing it out?

So? More candy for you! Did you remember to turn on your porch light? You wouldn't believe how often people forget to do that.