By hallofail - 01/11/2012 00:40 - United States - Birmingham

Today, I dressed up like a pirate, dressed my dog as a parrot and bought $30 worth of candy to pass out to trick-or-treaters. I waited by the door for 3 hours. Not one kid came. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 653
You deserved it 2 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well that sucks. At least you can eat the candy. My house got wiped out of all the candy by all the trick r treaters. Maybe next year.

Comments

KiddNYC1O 20

You shouldn't have improv with that Neverland sign. They're on to it.

jarockstar27 10

Same thing happened for me OP, only i didn't spend all the money! No trick or treaters. What has this holiday come to?!

raraisbang 12

the churches in my area have basically taken over Halloween and turned it into the "fall festival." Which sucks, by the way. They give out crappy candy and get offended by super scary costumes.

Arrr...And that is why you buy candy that you can use in baking or that you won't mind munching on for the rest of the year... Arrr. You can use the pirate outfit again next year :)

sorrowsangel89 1

If it makes u feel better the same thing happened to me. But with different costumes. And I'm on a tight budget so I really couldn't afford candy, but didn't want to disappoint trick-or-treaters so I bought it anyways.

Same thing happened to me so I basically sat by the door eating all the candy and finally a trick or treater came and all I had left was the nasty candy.

noisebox 1

That's like my house, not including this year because my state wouldn't let kids trick or treat because of the hurricane, in all the 12 year my family has lived here not one kid has ever came to our house. We still buy candy though, just in case.

I also bought 30 dollars worth of candy, had maybe, 15 kids total come by. Hundreds used to go through the neighborhood, Halloween is dying.