By Anonymous - 09/07/2016 01:13

Today, I did a California stop during a drive with my Driver's Ed teacher. He made me get out, hug the stop sign and apologize to it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 547
You deserved it 8 046

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Manna182 10

As an Australian, I have no idea what a California stop is

cranberries_fml 17

Despite being the opposite of a California stop, I do think that acknowledging stop signs' feelings is vaguely Californian

Comments

You should STOP whatever the hell you are doing and START obeying the law.

It's people like you that make it unsafe for pedestrians. There is a stop sign for a reason and your driver's education teacher should have failed you.

Sounds more like a Canadian stop to me haha.

We call that a rolling stop. Damn Californians always trying to credit for everything. You already have a California roll and a California burrito.

TheBeastJerry 7

We call those a California roll in illinois or I've heard people say that to be more precise

mariri9206 32

I'm from IL and I have never heard anyone there call it a "california roll" ever.

doglady 16

I'm from VT and I've heard it referred to as that.

oldie_goldie 13

That just shows he has a good sense of humour, don't be upset. I failed the first driving test I took because I missed a stop sign, so I guess that lesson was learned the hard way, not just by hugging.

Ok but why would you half ass your driving while you're with the person teaching you to drive??

My mom actually has a friend from California who was driving in a different state and got pulled over by a cop. The first thing the cop asked was "You're from California, aren't you?" The guy said yes and asked why. "Because you just did a California stop."

I'm liking this instructor. That is a great way to make a point so you will remember it.