By Anonymous - 09/07/2016 01:13

Today, I did a California stop during a drive with my Driver's Ed teacher. He made me get out, hug the stop sign and apologize to it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 547
You deserved it 8 046

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Manna182 10

As an Australian, I have no idea what a California stop is

cranberries_fml 17

Despite being the opposite of a California stop, I do think that acknowledging stop signs' feelings is vaguely Californian

Comments

mariri9206 32

You so deserve it. After you've passed Driver's Ed and gotten your license, it's one thing, especially since, like, mostly everyone does it. But, until you get there, you should always obey the rules of the road, especially when in the car with YOUR DRIVER'S ED TEACHER. Actually, you should obey all the rules of the road, even after you get your license. What if something were to happen because you ignored the stop sign? What if you got in an accident?

My older sister had to get out of the car and kiss the stop sign when she learned to drive.

As an American, I didn't even know what a California stop is. Just call it a rolling stop and be done with it. I'll vote YDI because you never know if a car on a intersection lane will pop out of nowhere, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

I'd like like your instructor for president. Don't care of what. Hopefully of a country, but I don't really care which one. I just like the idea of him being in charge, of as much people as possibile.

let's be honest, we've all done it at some point in our lives. But the teacher's response is awesome haha

jamiejones455 3

Hmmm. We call that a curtsy here.

I'm from California and I don't even know what a Californian stop is...

Here in Illinois I got a $100 ticket for doing that.