By Pimaan - 26/10/2011 16:14 - United States

Today, I decided to be a generous guy and slip a dollar from my pocket to a beggar. Turns out I'd slipped my hard-earned $100 bill instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 738
You deserved it 35 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Looks like you were feeling pretty generous.

I literally FELT your pain while reading this..

Comments

keshaforever1 14

You shouldn't give money to beggars,that doesn't do anything.They could spend it on beer or drugs and how would you know?Beggars should just get off their lazy asses and get a damn job.

There are people coming out of college unable to find jobs. How are homeless people supposed to get jobs? Also, the no.1 factor for homelessness is high housing costs, something out of an individual's control. Walk a mile in their shoes before you act judgmental again.

i agree with you on the not giving money to beggars part, you're supposed to give them food or something they can use that would actually be beneficial, not money that they could spend on stuff like drugs. But its usually not their fault they don't have a job. Jobs can be hard to get, especially with judgmental employers who would refuse to hire anyone that looks like they're homeless.

keshaforever1 14

Well there are plenty of young people willing to be roommates for extra money and even a job at a fast food place would bring in some cash at least and why was the beggar begging for money instead of a job?

The point of my post just went straight over your head, didn't it? Do you really think that McDonald's is gonna hire some homeless guy over the typical teenagers they hire? Do you really think people would want to room with a homeless mother? Homeless people are not just the dirty white old men that the stereotype perpetuates. There are kids without a home, college students who live in their professor's office, mothers who have to live in a motel. Hell, there are homeless people that DO have jobs but can't afford housing. People like you who say "STOP BEING LAZY" and "GET A JOB" are extremely narrow-minded and are part of the problem. You need to realize that homelessness is not just a choice, but also a consequence of myriad environmental factors. If we want to end homelessness, we have to focus on ALL the factors that effects a person and change the system to support reintegration into society. Unfortunately, most of my fellow Americans are too narrow-minded and individual-focused for anything like that to happen.

I just thought of another example: I read in school about a homeless man who given $10k by researchers and they wanted to see how he got out of homelessness. The researchers came back a year later and found out the man was still homeless. Why? Because he bought a car to drive around town and the rest of his money was manipulated from him by his family. The moral of the story is that just throwing money at the problem doesn't work. We have to consider all the factors in one's life.

rainergeis 0

Well, that's a hundred dollars of alcohol for him.

He might have just gotten paid and walks home.

Or it could get you a pack a booze to wash away the pains of being poor....

missdaulton 0

I'm in the wrong profession...

You were a little too generous don't you think

In Canada we have colored bills so things like this dont happen ;P

Don't worry he probably spent it all on booze and drugs.