By Pimaan - 26/10/2011 16:14 - United States

Today, I decided to be a generous guy and slip a dollar from my pocket to a beggar. Turns out I'd slipped my hard-earned $100 bill instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 738
You deserved it 35 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Looks like you were feeling pretty generous.

I literally FELT your pain while reading this..

Comments

It was nice of you but if I knew I had a $100. on my person, I'd would have doubt checked. I once gave a homeless person money that came to my job. They came back EVERYDAY after, expecting the same generosity and I ended up feeling used and resentful. Now I have mixed feelings about encouraging begging behavior and I feel selfish that I do because I know I'm better off then them. -Anyways vent! Lol

Nah.... It's NOT wrong to be selfish. Read up on Ayn Rand. That's the way right there. It's most certainly not the norm and hard to live by when people expect others to give with closed eyes but can be done.

I tried to read Atlas Struggled but I got so bored after the first few chapters, I just threw it on the shelf. IMO Rand is extremely overrated, especially her philosophy. It's OK to have self-interests and want to express your individuality. But humans are social creatures and we naturally build societies and achieve happiness together. Objectivism looks great on paper but in reality, it doesn't hold much water. Anyway, Enslaved, don't feel bad about turning the homeless man down. As I said in previous comments, your money is better spent with homeless shelters and organizations.

rainbowbigbird 7

Beggars can actually make a decent living. Anywhere between $75 and $300 a day (that's $2,100 to $8,400 a month). And that's cash. You just boosted his numbers OP.

livedandlaughed 10

Hopefully he spends your hard earned money well!

With that much, you should at least get a little hand job included.

bubo_fml 10

Next time your down town & smell an ungodly stench of pungent piss, remember, your $100.00 added to proliferating that aroma...Thanks a lot, ya Fukka!

That's what happens to Americans when they stick to green bills for all values :P

Lookalike he'll be having a great time in hobo central tonite

Be honest did you try to go and get it back?

iDaniel525 8

Hey, who knows..you probably provided him with a months worth of food. Although, it sucks that you lost $100. You did it for a good reason--hopefully.

perdix 29

A fool and his money are soon parted. It seems it already happened today. The beggar's going get get some high quality hooch, and may spend the rest on $10 blow jobs, or he might spring for fewer of the $20 ones. Doesn't that warm the cockles of your heart?

Strafeh 9

Only when it's Tuesday of a leap year