By ac32 - 11/04/2011 16:05 - Canada

Today, I bought myself a brand-new 52" flatscreen. It was only in my house for 2 hours before my toddler had a tantrum, threw a toy right into the screen and wrecked it beyond repair. I paid to have a nice TV for 2 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 317
You deserved it 9 700

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ashkahnator 0

Try throwing the tv at the kid to teach it a lesson?

Rei_Ayanami 18

That child would not have Christmas or a birthday for a decade, I don't even care if they are a toddler.

Comments

the joys of parenthood! makes me glad I only have two cats.

awardZu 0

Kid needs a world class spanking & grounding. Did you have a warranty?

That's what warranties are for... have a child = always go for the deluxe warranty. The brick has awesome coverage (fyi)

like i said some kids are born annoying.... its not always the parents fault.

maybe u should learn to properly discipline your kids and they wouldn't throw shit at your expensive things when they get angry. I'd say go and snap all the heads off his toys but its not like it will bring your t.v back unbroken. keep him grounded for a month or so and don't let him do anything fun. he wants to be a spoiled little shit n break your stuff then make him learn that all choices have consequences.

Right, because disciplining starts in the womb. It's a toddler, you know, the age where they begin to learn proper behavior.

Right, because disciplining starts in the womb. It's a toddler, you know, the age where they begin to learn proper behavior.

MuchDance90s 0

toddlers don't understand discipline like that, unless they are a shy or fearful personality some babies are more likely to listen and. others are not; yes even when raised in similar parenting styles

IHeartJimi02 0

I agree with 51. This is the age where they begin learning the difference between right and wrong. Ripping the heads off of their toys is a very childish thing to do.

Well, he'd be able to make the kid understand that what he did wasn't acceptable, and make him feel bad for it. That would be the right thing to do. Unfortunately, the child probably isn't going to be able to understand the impact his carelessness had. Only that it was wrong, and even then he probably won't learn until he's been disciplined for the same thing several times. Meh...FYL...

Correction: You paid to have an out-of-control child near a fragile flatscreen

Parenting 101: After the child is born do not buy anything nice until they move out.

agreed. my dad learned that the hard way. beer + concert speakers = nice shortage. :p

sabiancymbol 1

pay for a new one with their college fund

FlavaMash 1
Auntie_Christ 0

Try downloading a screen saver

BottuhlRockit 0

and then people wonder why we need diphus.