By Anonymous - 26/08/2013 16:45 - United States - Grand Rapids

Today, someone took my flatscreen TV at my garage sale because some kid snuck a "free" label onto it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 383
You deserved it 6 240

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

That would actually be really funny if it weren't so anger inducing.

then000bster 16

But it was funny, that's why I laughed.

OP was probably looking to sell it. Just losing it for no profit is exactly why this is an FML.

I was sad that you had to break it down for them.

Why would you wanna sell a flatscreen TV? Unless it's old crappy, but still!

If someone took the TV... How did OP know there was a "free" label on it? Did OP see the label and leave it there? This makes no sense.

Your picture matches your comment perfectly.

olpally 32

Bastard kid. Damn. Try and track it down so you get paid.

dreamweeper370 10

Yes. Go door to door asking for your tv. Brilliant plan.

Spider_Web 11

I'm sure she already got it back. Otherwise how would she know someone put a "free" sticker on it?

ILoveMyArm 15

What a little bastard the prankster is, although it wasn't the buyer's fault you'd think he would check with OP first for such a great "deal".

Katy326 10

Or in this case, such a great steal.

You should have been watching. If someone picks your stuff up and walks away with it then YDI. If they try to argue the price tag, tell them you didn't put it there. If they still argue, tell them it's not for sale. Even free is a price, and you can refuse someone's offer to take it.

I think the buyer decided to take advantage of the situation, and probably knew it was a prank. And how do you not notice someone carrying a T.V.?

Wouldn't you have seen the TV being taken?

Exactly, I'd notice someone walking into my house and walking out with a flat screen. And how did she know someone put a free sticker on it ?

Yeah these facts aren't exactly adding up >.>

MikaykayUnicorn 36

I think something more went on that op didn't put in there. Was the flatscreen waaaaay far from op, where someone could have easily taken it?

Better question is, how would you know if the tv had a "free" label on your tv without you seeing it? Because if you saw it im sure you would have taken it off.

Great move. I'll have to remember to take a bunch of labels like that to the next yard sale I go to!

I bet someone, somewhere is honoring your generosity by watching a marathon on there new television.

You'd think people would get our right after seeing a ton of people getting corrected on the internet every day.

I would've kept something so valuable near me to ensure its safety.. or if you walked around your things I would've checked for that sign or someone taking a large object..