By fatty - 23/01/2010 21:44 - United States

Today, I asked my friend who is a fashion major why she didn't want to use me as a model for her senior project. She said my boobs were too big. I doubt it'd have been an issue if I were a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 674
You deserved it 8 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Ohhh, I'm sorry, but this is funny. FYL.

sarkasmos 0

YDI. Not going to lie, if you knew you were fat, you're not exactly going to be chosen as a model =/ I'm not saying it's right that we have this mentality of skinny models, but we live in the real world. I'm sorry to say. Skinny is in, fat is not. It just seems weird to me that you would sound so offended when it was more or less pretty clear in our media that models need to be skinny. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying you just set yourself up for disappointment. BTW. Models don't have big boobs. Big boobs don't necessarily make a model. 34-24-34 is the body shape.

Completely agreed. You took the words right out of my mouth. OP definitely deserved it.

That's pretty much what i was going to say. Instead of the whole skinny thing, i think in many places a person has to have a healthy look. Having man boobs is not a model like image and it would be a bit wrong to even promote that as a model. Just as wrong as promoting super skinny girls/guys w.e I would say the op's life sucks for having moobs but he totally deserved it for not realizing why he was not chosen for this position and then getting upset when he was told the truth about something his friend can't control.

yupp, you can't be fat in the model world i'm a model and they say that they make clothes a certain size so fat people won't fit them.

"they say"? :/ Who is this "they"? I'm a model too and I've never heard of this "they"; there are pragmatic reasons behind the size of models, not industry professionals sitting around cackling over using thin models for no good reason. The fashion industry is not a pity party. Its job is not to represent the broader population nor to pander to individuals who don't happen to fit the fashion model mould. Fashion models need to be tall and thin because they need to be seen from everywhere in the room even right in the back with a non-elevated runway. If the models are not seen, the clothes are not seen. The clothes are the entire point to the show in the first place. It's not about you. The clothes are in sample sizes meaning they need to be as small as possible to minimise costs - haute couture fabrics can be several hundred dollars a metre. Also, the smaller the model is, when the heights are relatively consistent, the more uniform the look. This means the audience and clients can focus on the clothes not about how good/bad/interesting the models are. Again, fashion modelling is about showing off the fashion, not the fashion showing off the model. These sample garments are usually then taken directly to editorial/look-book/advertising shoots, meaning the models wearing the garments in the editorials need to be about the same size as those wearing them on the runway. Agencies, therefore, take on tall, thin models. If they can cross over into commercial work, all the better. It is very rare an agency will take on a girl just for, say, her face. Why? Because that girl would only ever be able to be shot from the shoulders up. If, however, they take on models with the full package - face, height, body - they can maximise the jobs that model can book and therefore how much money they can make off said model. Please don't make it sound like a ridiculous conspiracy.

catastrophicsock 0

Well I agree with the top post of this part and the post directly above. ALSO, YDI for fishing for it.

This makes me think of that Family Guy episode where Peter tricks Stewey into sucking on his man boob/s. Hah

boatkicker 4

The way you worded that made my night.