By Text - 25/04/2011 16:27 - United States

Today, I asked my friend to stop texting me, because I'm on a limited plan and didn't want to go over my limit. She responded by getting a group of her friends to text bomb me. I got well over a hundred one-word texts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 223
You deserved it 8 364

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like you need to upgrade to unlimited texting!

Comments

what the ****. why the hell would you have a limit on receiving text messages ?!

UK here and I genuinely can't believe Americans are stupid enough to agree to a phone system where you agree to getting charged for every text you receive. If I wasn't on contract I'd have to pay 15p for every text I send so I assume that would be the same cost for receiving texts, I get about 250 texts a day so that would be like

£37 just on texts sent to me, wow Americans are stupid.

mollieOdare 0

OK, so what are we "stupid Americans" supposed to do about it? Those are the only type of plans we have. It's not our fault. So what, we're all just going to move to the UK to have better cell phone plans? Stop trying to sound smart. I'm fixing to hand your ass to you.

Well maybe if you stop signing contracts that say you have to pay, companies will stop selling them too you...? Vote with your feet and take your custom elsewhere!

mollieOdare 0

Ok, so we're all supposed to go without cell phones? How is that going to work?

You're seriously telling me that not one single phone company in America offers a plan where you don't have to pay to receive? They only offer it because they know there are people out there who are stupid enough to buy it.

I'm an American, and I don't believe I've ever had to pay for a text message I've left unopened. I have no idea what everyone else is talking about, unless things have changed in the past few years. I've been with Verizon, Cingular (when it was still called that), T-Mobile, etc. Now, I was with those companies before EVERYONE had unlimited texts. There's a chance that those companies have changed their policies in an attempt to push those individuals without an unlimited plan into getting one. That's underhanded and annoying of these companies, but I don't think Americans, in general, are stupid because of it. Companies are out to make a profit, and when people think that this is the way things ARE, they don't question it as much. I wouldn't put up with it, but that's because I know that the plans did not used to charge you for a received message unless it was opened. Younger people might not know that, so they "don't know any better" or don't see it as something to fight over. That, or most people have unlimited plans to begin with, so such policies are not even noticed by the larger population.

rebecca_marie_21 0

I used to be in your shoes once upon a time! What a painful memory! But I must warn you your bill will be painful as well! Good luck!!

TaTaTanyaHo 5

Are people really stupid enough to think that phone companies keep track of opened and unopened texts? Your phone already did the work of receiving them, companies don't care if they are read or not. OP bitch slap this chick and hand her the bill.

paradiseisland01 0

she thought it was her friend until they did it to her, I guess no more friends, or at least hope not for her sake .

edteach 0

I'm pretty sure if one of my friends did that to me I'd shit on their pillow ....every time I got the chance for 1 full billing cycle.... or call a 1-900

crap friends you have there. childish and pathetic. I hope they read the comments on this fml.

Got_any_grapes1 4

Atleast, now, you can pretend you have friends.