By captainfail - 14/07/2009 15:27 - Germany

Today, I applied for my first job. I didn't know how to write a resume, so I copied and pasted one from someone else and reworked it. I got on the bus, handed it in, and left. Then I remembered I forgot to change the contact info and date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 625
You deserved it 74 977

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI- and dont deserve to get the job over people who werent lazy and wrote their own

Comments

if it was actually ur first job ever then they prob dont need a resume from you

You don't deserve the job if your that stupid

*you're I know lots of people do it, but I still enjoy pointing out blatant spelling errors to people who insist on calling others stupid

skullbuster 0

@emzmcgee - I'll give you that one and in this case I'll agree, if you are going to call someone stupid it becomes a grammar/spelling correction rodeo up in here!

It's just so hard to resist sometimes...damn knowing how to spell and being anal retentive about it!

this is why people like me cant get a job because assholes like you copy other people's achievments..**** you..and YDI

How would that prevent you, or anyone else for that matter, from getting a job exactly?

you ARE Captain Fail. and btw you don't date a resume

wtf are you ok i know it may be hard to recover from stupidity

skullbuster 0

WAKE UP YOU NUBS! She is applying for her FIRST job. The "reworked" resume was packed with bullshit and lies stolen from someone else. The only honest content may have been her education. (and I stress the word may) OP: The solution here? Go find another resume to rip off and make sure you change the contact info this time around.

Over half the posters here don't seem to be understanding what the situation *probably* is (only the OP can say for sure). That is, the OP copied the resume of someone else, then replaced their info with her info. If the opposite were true (that is, she attempted to get a job with fraudulent information), then I don't see why she'd be posting it here. "Oh, gee, I tried to lie my way into a job, but I failed, have pity on me." And for those who see it from my viewpoint, still an awful lot of YDIs. Everyone makes a "d'oh!" mistake every now and then, you know...

skullbuster 0

The problem with your assumption is that this is her FIRST job, so what would she have replaced? Education, yes? And then what? Her vast experience mooching off her parents, babysitting for little Mary Jane Rottencrotch on Tuesday nights? What exactly would be on this resume'? Please, someone, I'm not being flip, I'd really like to know what the hell you people believe this masterpiece would contain other than fraudulent bullshit?!?!?!

I had a resume for my first job...I simply removed the "Work Experience" section, and focused on the "Educational Experience" and "Skills" sections. There's also a good chance that there may be a "Volunteer Experience" section to add. Believe it or not, I was even shown how to write a resume with little or no work experience in high school for one of my classes.

quackquackquac 0

LOL Mary Jane rottencrotch. There's plenty of things she could've written. She just had to make it sound better than it actually was. Besides, a resume is kinda about experience. Like if she walks the dog or does some chore every day, it could show that you're responsible. Also, the OP may have volunteered in some place to get experience, you know? By the way, I learned to write resumes in the eight grade (for this class).

Fail_Pig 0

YDI, just rent a book or something instead of getting it off someone elses resume. For this, I must whip out the FAIL PIG!

hahahahahah it's funny because this is a woman and that's what she gets for leaving her sphere

wrw28405 0

for leaving her sphere? dude, what sphere? Women can apply for jobs to, they're not restricted to the house or any shit like that.