By captainfail - 14/07/2009 15:27 - Germany

Today, I applied for my first job. I didn't know how to write a resume, so I copied and pasted one from someone else and reworked it. I got on the bus, handed it in, and left. Then I remembered I forgot to change the contact info and date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 625
You deserved it 74 975

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI- and dont deserve to get the job over people who werent lazy and wrote their own

Comments

YoungTechnique 0

You're a real dumbass, write your own damn resume next time. I think it would have been worse if they actually hired you, since those weren't your skills it wouldn't have taken too long before they fired your ass. YDI

She said she forgot to change the contact info and date, idiot, not the important sections like skills and experience. At least now she's learnt the valuable lesson of proofreading your resume 5 times before sending it out.

AAAAHHHH12 2

But the thing is, it wasn't her actual resume! It was someone else's so she may not have actually had the skills and experience listed as her own.

Wow learn how to read, it's been explained multiple times that the only thing she DIDN'T change was the contact info...everything else was hers, how hard is that to understand?

shewasalmost18 0

Methinks you didn't get the job...

mcbane 0

this is so fake. and FML sucks ass now. boooooooooooo. **** you FML.com. hope your website crashes

did you even look at it at all? not to mention oh so wrong to do to begin with... you copy styles not resumes.

Your first resume? This stuff happens. If *I* did that it would be an FML and a IDI. That is if I've interpreted this right...what you mean is that you copied someone else's resume, then replaced his background with yours, preserving only the style, right? Not that you kept the other person's background. If THAT'S the case, YDI.

skullbuster 0

Ok, you were applying for your first job? Then WTF did you even need a resume' for? You could have scribbled the school you attended on a napkin with your phone # in lipstick and had the same result. Say it with me OP, ********! Learn it, live it, love it - it is your only hope!

seb12992 0
poopsicle22 0

OP, if all you did was hand in the resume (no interview), you can just fix it and turn in another one. If you move around and reword some of the other details on the page, they won't know you messed up the first time.

Just curious, but when the OP said they reworked it, did they mean that they replaced the skills/experience/etc that the original writer had with their own? If so...well, it's still a YDI for not checking something some important & basic as the name adn contact info, but if you didn't know how to write one yourself, using another as a template would be a good idea. Just remember to give credit where it is due.

goalie20 0

hope you didn't get the job sorry