By captainfail - 14/07/2009 15:27 - Germany

Today, I applied for my first job. I didn't know how to write a resume, so I copied and pasted one from someone else and reworked it. I got on the bus, handed it in, and left. Then I remembered I forgot to change the contact info and date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 625
You deserved it 74 977

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI- and dont deserve to get the job over people who werent lazy and wrote their own

Comments

dumb ass! you would have been fired anyway!

I dk what everyone keeps saying that you learn how to write a resume in college. I learned how to write a resume starting in 9th grade. Our school even kept a saved copy and every year we would update it. YDI for not changing that stuff though. That's the first to go.

BigSky 5

Why would you need a resume if you haven't had a job before?

Interviewers tend to frown upon videos of applicants expressing their marketable job skills through interpretive dance.

Not really smart. If I were you I'd start looking for other jobs.

You were applying for a bus driver position?? ("got on the bus, handed it in, and left")

realrealitysuccs 0

dont be a smart ass specially a dumb 1 she meant she got on the bus and went to where ever she was applying at and handed in her resume fuccin douche

I was curious, not being a smart ass. To the douche who couldn't spell ******* on FML.

#49: Yeah well you must've gone to a fancy, well funded HS. New York City public high schools don't teach resume writing. I didn't learn until college.

Some Kentucky public schools do though! :-D

i dont understand that because most people get job before college so schools teach student how to make them in at at most by grade 10

I am laughing at all the people that assume the OP left in the skills/experience of the sample resume. When I wrote my first resume, the Youth Career Centre gave me a book with sample resumes. I chose one and copied THE FORMAT, but put in my own info. I had to retype it since it was all in a book, so there wasn't a chance of forgetting to change something though. #50: You always need a resume to apply at a business. When I made my first one, I put on my babysitting experience, the chores I did for my mom in her shop and also the class I took in high school that required me to work in the library as a page of sorts.

Go back and say 'Oh crap, sorry, that resume I had saved on my computer with the date when I first wrote it...sorry. I've also got a new number, would you like it?'

That may work, but I'm thinking if she actually had an interview she would have mentioned her name and the interviewer would notice it was different from the resume. If that's the case, then she totally deserved it.

im sure she could just hand in a new resume

Wow, writing a resumé isn't that difficult at all. Why didn't you just google it? I know how to write a resumé and I'm still in high school >_>

dimkims 0

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+write+a+resume 8)