By captainfail - 14/07/2009 15:27 - Germany

Today, I applied for my first job. I didn't know how to write a resume, so I copied and pasted one from someone else and reworked it. I got on the bus, handed it in, and left. Then I remembered I forgot to change the contact info and date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 625
You deserved it 74 977

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI- and dont deserve to get the job over people who werent lazy and wrote their own

Comments

I'm surprised you don't know how to write a resumé, I learned how to in Grade 10. I understand taking a resumé just for the format, I do it a lot and I'm sure a lot of other people do. But, why did you copy it in the first place? I go to a site, find a resumé then start a new document and just keep referring to the website. That way I don't have to worry about such an error. So, I'm gonna have to say.. both FYL and YDI.

atyahoodotcom 0

Schools don't teach the same thing so its not your fault for not knowing how to write a resume. Unfortunately, you didn't take the initiative or time to find out how. So you decided to write a resume on the day that you applied? Why didn't you wait a day or two to ask someone to review it or even start a day or two earlier? YDI. PROOFREAD Stupid.

u could have looked online to find out how

ziqi92 0

ur an idiot to be copying resumes. seriously, u dont deserve any kind of job like that...

Wow your 1st job and you take the lazy way out and then 1/2 ass it to boot. You must be proud

It is REALLY not that hard to write a resume. YDI for not trying to learn how to before resorting to copy and pasting.

Oh my god, the WEIRDEST thing happened to me this week. I got a call from some guys I never heard from before, asking me to come by for a job interview. The interview went great and I now have the perfect job! I never even *applied* with them. Weird!