By shameless - 28/04/2013 22:24 - United States - Canton

Today, I agreed to go on a date with the creepy guy from my Economics class because I'm so broke that I could really use the free meal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 717
You deserved it 15 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So.. the Economics class isn't working, then?

Food is food, no matter the means of acquiring it

Comments

cloud720 5

Do something strange for a little piece of change.

ctlnaaia71 8

please let us know if you had fun lol

KingCeltic77 18

That's funny, I was on a date with the girl from my English class who usually rejects me but finally said yes. Wait a second...

NagainaFier 16

Just know this isn't applied to you, #49! Your girl is from your English class; OP's 'creep' is in Economics!

RedPillSucks 31

She just changed the class title to throw him off.

NagainaFier 16

Damn, now THAT'S planning ahead! She plays this game well, OP does.

So taking advantage of a guy is playin the game well?

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Welcome to the club. All us peasants are broke.

Alastrina_fml 20
SynysterNero 20

Free meal or not it still isn't fair to the creepy guy because you're using him.

fens78 2

Just use him and lead him on. I'm sure nothing bad will come of it. I suppose a full stomach will sooth your conscience. Maybe you should study morals and ethics.

Your mean, using this guy! I hope karma bites you in the ass!

I wonder if you have learned from your class that in every date the guy has to pay for everything, what if he's broken just like you or if he just have money for his meal? I feel sorry for the poor guy, thinking he has a date and all...

NagainaFier 16

Since you're from Brazil I won't grind your grammar/spelling, but in my opinion, the guy should at least OFFER to pay for the first meal. I'd probably split it, myself, if he was willing to pay, but if some guy walks in EXPECTING me to pay? You can say goodbye to a second date; it's not exactly setting a good precursor to how things will work.

The problem here, #74 were her true intentions, not the money at all. Plus if I ask someone out, I would gladly pay for her, as long as the bill is not that much expensive. Plus, most of girls from here that I've dated liked to go out and pay for their stuff, I'm not sure how things around your place though. Please, DO mind my English, I'm learning it, and I need to know if there are any mistakes in my spelling so I can correct myself for the next time!

NagainaFier 16

That is a very fair point, 109; I wasn't keeping OP's situation in mind when I made that comment. I mean, I live in southern US, so like I said in an earlier comment, it's pretty much considered standard the asker at least offer to pay for the one they asked (around here at least; but I'm also in small town USA where you're SOL if you're not a white anglo saxon... Huh, maybe I should adjust my cultural expectations... >.>) And my apologizes if my comment seemed a slam at you; I'm just getting miffed at these reverse-sexist-whiners going 'well he shouldn't have to even offer to pay'; when for me, it's not the point of the guy paying, it's the symbolism attached to it.