By shameless - 28/04/2013 22:24 - United States - Canton

Today, I agreed to go on a date with the creepy guy from my Economics class because I'm so broke that I could really use the free meal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 717
You deserved it 15 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So.. the Economics class isn't working, then?

Food is food, no matter the means of acquiring it

Comments

Then you went out for dinner and after the meal he asked if you would mind taking care of the bill today.

WonkeyDonkey 10

You never know OP he might turn out to be a diamond in the rough (your Prince Charming) ;)

Worst will be another FML by OP stating that he cancelled his date after reading this FML.

How will he know its her? And it also takes a few days to process

Or maybe he makes her pay for her own food?? I don't always offer to pay just for reasons like this

kiss him and he might gives you more food.

ctlnaaia71 8

so if they have sex, will he buy her groceries for the whole month?

Sounds like 24 has her life goals set straight......

Reality_bites 14

I think its a bit presumptuous on the OPs part to assume that her date will pay.

Why is it presumptuous? Seems only fair that the one asking is the one that pays. Unless, of course, they agree to split the bill ahead of time.

Seems only fair? Going on your statement ifI I ask someone or a friend if try want to go to the pub, I suddenly have to pay for them because I asked? Really hate that guys are expected to pay for everything -.-

NagainaFier 16

#44 Oh for the love of all that is good and right in the world; shut up. It's essentially a cultural (in my area at least) expectation that the guy pays the first date at least (in a way, signifying that he'd be able to provide for her, should things get serious). If YOU want to split it 50/50, that's more than fine, but quit with the ******* whining. Different people have different values.

NagainaFier 16

I live in the deep south. When we're not being drunken racist bastards, we've actually got this thing called manners, and most parents try instill this foreign concept called chivalry into their kids. I know most people think it's dead, but if you go online, there might be a DLC for it or something...

lol chivalry by definition is one way.

You are a shitty person. Enjoy your food.

my_name_is_earl 9

No meal could possibly be worth going on a date with the creepy guy, but he did pay for you right?

I would rather starve, that's also because I'm a guy, but whatever

Wow, it sucks if he finds out that you have no intention to see him at all, just taking advantage of his money. And they say guys are jerks.