By not saying it was whores, but... - 16/10/2014 20:32 - United States

Today, I accidentally belched at the dinner table. At age 22, I got sent to my room with no dessert by my parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 396
You deserved it 9 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow I misread this completely . *down votes self*

In my house my mom and I have burping contests, I understand it being rude in front of guests or in a restaurant but in your own home, it shouldn't be a big deal.. In my opinion x)

Comments

At age 22 you shouldn't be living with your parents.

That's bullshit. Buying a house on your own is next to impossible in some countries. I bought one but it still needs renovating so I still live at home. There's no shame in living at home longer unless you are 30+ or something. If you have a wife, girlfriend, husband or boyfriend then yes, buying or renting something is way easier.

I disagree. This culture is ridiculous in stating that everyone should move out at 18. In some European cultures (Italy, for example) it is the norm to live with your folks til your mid-20's. Especially now, unless you have an incredible job (I'm not sure how you manage that at 18, with no experience, or LIFE experience for that matter) you simply can't afford a place of your own.

he might be in college. if he is full time I doubt he can afford to live alone

living at home at 22... I left my parents house the day I graduated high school made my own way from then on. evaluate your life.

PresidentNorth 16

everyone's different. I bet your life's been hard as crap to. It's awesome you're independent but don't shun someone because they aren't you.

So after graduation you just packed up and left, huh? Did you have somewhere to go, or were you just a nomad? Are you posting this comment from a library somewhere during your travels?

I did pack up and leave. I also held a job while in school, saved my money and had a plan. im not saying it is easy but it is exceedingly rare to see people taking personal responsibility for their situations. their is only 6 years between op and myself so its not a generational gap either.

knoxxx 22

No one should be shaming OP for living at home at 22. They aren't middle-aged, they deserve some time after high school to find a career that provides financial stability before being kicked to the curb. And almost all of my fellow college graduates had to live at home for at least a brief period before they got a job and could pay their own rent again. 22 is a pretty typical age to be going back home in the US.

In the UK too, late 20s is becoming more common. House prices and rent are just too much for a graduate on a low wage. If they can even get a graduate job.

agreed, I'm almost 24 and still at home, although I have had trouble finding solid work the last two years. Nothing to shame people about, rent where I am is about half the average weekly wage.

diving_fml 30

I wish that was my biggest problem in life

I'm sorry...but this made me laugh more than anything

At least they're still trying to teach you things, like being polite at the table. I'm not going to shame you for being that age and living with your parents, but this implies that they made you dinner. I'm 19, taking care of bills, and living in a cramped apartment with three other people, and I just had a spoonful of peanut butter for dinner. But damn, it was good.

Hey man, Ramen is like... 22 cents a pack. Get some of that shit.

why are you still living with your parents?

because houses and rent are expensive, op could be saving to buy his own place, he's still young

man_in_black08 28

uh. if you're 22 and still living with your parents, there's obviously something wrong with you.

Bullshit. Houses are expensive and jobs can be hard to find. I know loads of normal people who lived with their parents until they were in their 20s.

It's hard for parents to realize you're 22 and not 12.