By not saying it was whores, but... - 16/10/2014 20:32 - United States

Today, I accidentally belched at the dinner table. At age 22, I got sent to my room with no dessert by my parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 396
You deserved it 9 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow I misread this completely . *down votes self*

In my house my mom and I have burping contests, I understand it being rude in front of guests or in a restaurant but in your own home, it shouldn't be a big deal.. In my opinion x)

Comments

lol at the people saying OP should move out. What's the point of moving out if OP's parents are fine with him living with them? He can save a lot of money. In my city a small apartment costs around 800-1200 euros per month. In 2-3 years it's 40 000 euros saved for the future. Also maybe OP doesn't want to live alone.

I'm 23 and still live at home, why would I move out so that I could live on my own and struggle to afford everything? Two of my friends are currently saving so they can afford the deposit and fees on a rental, and when they can I'll be moving in with them.

Are you pitching in money as well or are your friends paying for everything?

I have to laugh at all the people saying OP should just move out. It's not that easy. He could be studying and paying rent plus college fees is really really expensive and not everyone can afford it. Plus the US economy is terrible and not everyone can get a job or a job that pays decently. It's perfectly fine for him to live at home for a few years until he can afford his own place.

I love that people boast they moved out at 18 and pay their own bills (yet struggle to eat), great for them living in poverty! The smart ones stay at home as long as possible so they can create some decent savings.

But **** your life op, sometimes they slip out, and even if it didn't, it's natural and can be pretty uncomfortable to keep it in. You're not a child doing it to be deliberately naughty or annoying.

Oh gee, what a big deal. It's a natural reaction. What are your parents? Disney princesses?

Yes, he was made when Cinderella and Belle got it on.

I believe Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince said it best: "So to you all the kids all across the land, take it from me parents just don't understand."

My area is pretty low cost of living and I'd still be ****** if my boyfriend and I ever broke up (it'd be impossible for either of us, who both work full time, to pay the rent and bills alone). There's nothing wrong with living at your folks' at 22. Moreover, there's no evidence that OP isn't paying rent or contributing in some way so that they "deserve" to live there. I moved out at 18 and had to move back from 20-22 because there was nothing I could afford alone, even working and going to school full time. I paid rent and split bills and groceries with my parents. How would that make me a loser when if I had the exact same situation with a different family I'd just be a boarder?