By Anonymous - 17/10/2012 10:15 - Australia

Today, for the second time, I met the man I'm having an arranged marriage with in 3 months. I'd previously met him last night, while he was mugging me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 100
You deserved it 3 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zoh_Aubrey 8

The arranged marriage is really the worst part of this FML.

This is one of those situations I really want to hear more about.

Comments

It's "arranged" for cultural reasons, fuckwad.

Well at least you guys might be good at role playing together Bahahaha

sorrowsangel89 1

Maybe ur family should see this as a sign that you need to pick your own husband. One that most likely won't leave you penniless and humiliated.

At first I thought, "Wow, whoever vetted this guy did a terrible job! OP was stuck doing her own vetting." Then I wondered if the situation might be worse. Does OP's family owe somebody, and is trying to pay them off with OP as bride for this scumbag of a husband-to-be? Bad vetting or payoff, this stinks. Hope OP can get authorities (family, religious, cultural, and/or legal) on her side and get out of this nightmare arrangement.

crazy4books23 13

No! That's horrible! You should have your say in who you marry. Don't stand for this!

Talk to your parents and file a police report against the man. Arranged or not, you should not be marrying a man that enjoys robbing people in the street and if your parents had any sense, they would agree and contact his parents.

Since you are in a first world country where customs and beliefs hardly influence society, then say **** you to your parents and don't go through with it. You have your own right to control your life and marry who you please

SelenaMilkshake 17

Great story to tell your kids!