Selfish people

By Anonymous - 11/02/2022 13:59

Today, my ex-wife refuses to return to Canada from the Caribbean if there are any new named Covid variants. I don't care about her, but this includes my children. She really does not want to return because she is anti-vax, cannot travel, and likes the local men. So what if the kids don't get educated? FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 101
You deserved it 188

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You might want to look into taking her to court over it, especially since that actively goes against your visitation rights (which I presume you have) and puts the children's education and possibly health in serious jeopardy.

"Likes the local men." There's the real reason.

Comments

maybe it's time for an vacation to see your children.

Pink_Turnips 14

was there no time sharing agreement during the divorce? any way you can get this resolved in a legal manner?

You might want to look into taking her to court over it, especially since that actively goes against your visitation rights (which I presume you have) and puts the children's education and possibly health in serious jeopardy.

Your ex is a covidiot and a stupid bitch. You have my sincere condolences for that. BUT: You really think children categorically don't get educated in the caribbean?! Doesn't sound so open minded either....

The kids may not be allowed to go to school there if they are not residents. I'm thinking she went on vacation and decided to stay

Im pretty sure this counts as kidnapping, Id go to the police

"Likes the local men." There's the real reason.

that's legal kidnapping. the kids can be extradited home and her ass can stay

I had the same situation, the same thoughts, a serious conflict with my Ex, and the same arguments about education (only countries are different). Finally I flew there and clear understood that in that tropical county my doughter is much happier than in my northern one: palm trees, ocean breeze, happy people everywhere vs a northern country, gloomy people and constant colds. I understood that it's me who was selfish. Finally I found a good internet school for her and have plans go there on vacation every year.

And can’t you go there and take back your children? But read JaoDa’s comment first. And avoid making such comments on your ex. She is still your children’s mother.