By Anonymous - 17/10/2012 10:15 - Australia

Today, for the second time, I met the man I'm having an arranged marriage with in 3 months. I'd previously met him last night, while he was mugging me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 101
You deserved it 3 364

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zoh_Aubrey 8

The arranged marriage is really the worst part of this FML.

This is one of those situations I really want to hear more about.

Comments

Here is your chance to tell them you will make your own marriage arrangements! Drop the bomb , and you are now officially liberated to make your choice of a mate w/o the parent pressures!!

For some reason I took it that he mugged her last night then for some reason they worked out an arranged marriage....like for immigration purposes.

Time to tell the relatives about your future husband's criminal activity. That should get you out of that marriage.

Kristoffer 35

The practice of arranged marriage is unquestionably, unmitigatedly criminal.

doomsauce 3

I voted that you deserved it (not the mugging) because you're an adult and you in no way have to adhere to some b.s. cultural tradition.

Why does someone think it's a good idea for you to marry this person?

Well, at least you'll have an interesting story to tell the grand-kids... But seriously, you have more info for your police report now... May Justice's hand be swift!

Depressing that people are forced to marry because of beliefs. I respect everyone's beliefs and all, but look how well that's working out here? So sad.

Wow, I assume you won't be getting married in three months anymore. On the bright side, at least you cought the guy who mugged you! Btw, I don't have to read all these comments to know that there are a million people dissing arranged marriages. Sorry if this has been said already but to have loving family members who know you well help choose a life partner for you is not a negative thing at all. Us Westerners tend to have such horrible relationship problems because we generally choose partners based on looks, sex appeal, etc. rather than spiritual and mental compatibility (not to mention needing to "try it out" before committing and just adding all that baggage to the equation). I married at 18 after just 3 months of getting to know my fiance. Has it been hard at times? Hell, yes! But I knew it would be okay because we had the blessings of those who truely knew and love us. It wasn't exactly an arranged marriage, but it was similar. And we're coming up on 9 years marriage now!! Oh and for both of us it was our first romantic relationship. ...Just an interesting statistic for the record books.

So... you met someone on your own, fell in love, then got married with the full support of your family. How at all is this like an arranged marriage?? The connotation of an arranged marriage isn't that your family helps you find someone compatible with your SPIRIT. It's that your parents choose someone for you, regardless of what you may or may not want. And the divorce rate is so low because it's severely frowned upon to get a divorce. This is coming from someone whose parents tried to arrange a marriage for her, btw.