By Anonymous - 17/10/2012 10:15 - Australia

Today, for the second time, I met the man I'm having an arranged marriage with in 3 months. I'd previously met him last night, while he was mugging me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 100
You deserved it 3 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zoh_Aubrey 8

The arranged marriage is really the worst part of this FML.

This is one of those situations I really want to hear more about.

Comments

perdix 29

At least he's got a good, high-paying, steady job. And it's a job "they" can't outsource to China. Even better, when you are married to him, you'll be able fleece him for money costing him many times last night's loss.

skyeyez9 24

Run away from home and never look back!!! You deserve to marry someone you choose yourself.

OP, I'm on the app, so I can't see where you're from, and so have no idea what your culture is like or what the laws are in your country, but you should absolutely do whatever it takes to get out of that marriage, even if it means running away from home. Your life with that man will be nothing but misery. If all you have to do to get out of that marriage is to speak up, (which I hope is the case) then by all means do it. Don't worry about what anyone thinks. Any consequences for refusing that arranged marriage would be far better than the consequences of going through with it.

I'm on the app, it says [Australia] next to the username of the OP. Just letting you know for future reference. Other than that, I totally agree with you.

On my app it simply says "anonymous" with only a gender symbol next to it.

What sort of utter barbarians force their children into an arranged marriage?

bladedrose 3

Usually ones that live in third world countries, who are poor as dirt. And want a better life for their children's so they arrange a marriage with a wealthier family so their children can have a better life then they had.

Wuuuuuut. That's insane from start to finish

tscheg 2
jsolis1982 6

Maybe you can get your stuff back and more after a divorce. Not sure how things work in Australia.