By Chelsea - 20/07/2009 05:54 - United States

Today, during some previews before the new Harry Potter movie, a guy stood up and led the audience in an enthusiastic and rather successful chant "H-A-R-R-Y!". Minutes later when I attempted to do the same thing, I was pelted with half-full bags of popcorn, freezing sodas, and booing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 200
You deserved it 85 162

Same thing different taste

Comments

Only in America would people chant at the cinema. Ridiculous.

liveitlearnit 0

Actually, I think this is something that happens only in Jersey.

cxal_fml 0

Even if they were cool with it once, how could you possibly think anyone in the audience would want to do it twice?

skullbuster 0

I've never been to a Harry Potter movie and I understand there is a pretty 'enthusiastic' fan base, but except for the handful of assholes chanting (who were probably there with the first cheerleader), I guarantee you that about 90% of the paying customers in that theater wanted the first group to shut the **** up too! It's like those people who clap at the end of a movie, what the hell are you people clapping at? Are you hoping the actors will take a bow? Maybe they will hear you? What, really, are you thinking!?

skullbuster 0

Chelsea, hon, there are support groups for people like you - sad attention ****** who mimic others to get noticed. It's a disease and you need help. Please, as your friend I am begging you to do something before it is too late. Call 1-877-SAD-**** (1-877-723-3868). Recovery is only a phone call away!!!

No need for name calling people. However...you did deserve this. Chanting at a movie is ridiculous in the first place. Trying to restart a chant at the movie is just asking for it.

skullbuster 0

I don't know, I think some name calling is in order here. Let's think about this for a minute. The people who post on FML are sharing a story that they believe makes them appear to be a victim of some cruel/funny/ironic twist of fate in their lives. And, in at least half of the cases, it is apparent that the OP is living in some twisted fantasy land of self-involved delusion. Our OP in this case, Chelsea, seems to believe that she has been jilted by the movie-goers at this particular showing of Harry Potter because they rejected her misguided attempt to lead a second round of H-A-R-R-Y chanting. What can we say to our dejected friend Chelsea in this case, what can be said to anyone who is so lacking in social awareness. We need to shake this nut loose, for her own good. Because the next time, someone may be compelled to throw a punch instead of some popcorn, and then the people in the theater would have to live with the guilt of having cheered while it happened... how many people need to get hurt here?

If you did it during the New Moon trailer, it was probably all of the special little fangirls that got pissed at you because you ruined their "OMG EDWARD!" moments. I do enjoy the Twilight series, but I'm definitely not "one of those" fans...if you know what I mean. Side note, almost everyone in my theatre booed when the New Moon trailer came on. It was quite hilarious.

pltcllyincorrect 0

Aw, they booed? Everyone was laughing when Robert Pattinson was on and screamed when Taylor Lautner came on. Hahha

fmlxxxx 0

You know the actors can't hear you when you're chanting, right?

YDI for not having any ******* originality

Was it during the freaking New Moon previews? Cause those people are vicious. Then again, if it was, YDI for being so stupid. Lol at #125 :p

pltcllyincorrect 0

Wow, I was definitely thinking the same thing. And he stood up while Taylor Lautner was on. Hahhaha at my movie theatre, everyone starting cheering. Or maybe they weren't throwing it at this person, they were throwing it towards Robert Pattinson's face. :)